Aira Godfrey Wambura is an Associate in Anjarwalla & Khanna’s Corporate Department, Mombasa. Godfrey principally advises on banking and finance law, property law, succession, private client work, corporate law, and capital markets.
- Law Society of Kenya
2018: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2017: Bachelors of Law (LL.B, Second Class Upper), Kenyatta University
Aug 2020 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Mombasa
Jan 2019 – Jul 2020: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Mombasa
Feb 2017 – Jan 2018: Legal assistant, Nyauke & Company Advocates, Homa-Bay
- Advising clients on various property sale and purchase as well as drafting and preparing the relevant documents including leases, sale agreements, transfers, and obtaining requisite consents and clearances from relevant authorities.
- Assisting in finance and real estate due diligence for various clients and providing legal review of the financial arrangement and real estate contracts to identify risks associated with the proposed acquisition and recommending solutions to the risks.
- Advising a foreign financial institution on intending to conduct business in Kenya on banking regulations in Kenya, securities, and perfection of various securities.
- Representing various banks in the preparation and perfection of documentation securing lending to their borrowers.
- Advising clients on legal regime on trusts, prenuptial agreements, and succession.
53 / 69