Atkilit is an Associate at MTA. She advises on services on corporate matters, competition law, merger and acquisition, natural resources law and intellectual property.
2019 – 2020: Masters of International Business Law (LLM), Central European University
2010 – 2015: Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Addis Ababa University
2017 – Date: Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
2017: Secondee Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi, Kenya
2015 – 2017: Junior Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
- Acting for AB InBev in connection with its proposed acquisition of SAB Miller’s shares in Ambo Mineral Water.
- Acting for Abraaj Group in connection with its proposed acquisition of local companies, including conducting a legal due diligence report.
- Acting for Petroleum Group for China-Africa Fund for Industrial Cooperation in connection with carrying out a legal due diligence on POLY-GCL and advising on Ethiopian oil and natural gas sector.
- Advising IFC as part of the World Bank Group in connection with the Scaling Solar Program in Ethiopia, including conducting a legal due diligence in relation to competition law, environmental law and intellectual property law.
- Advising China Electric Power Equipment &Technology, Ethiopian Electric Power and Ethiopian Electric Utility in connection with the development of transmission lines, substations projects and distribution system, including drafting a legal due diligence report addressing Ethiopian corporate governance law, environmental law and corporate social responsibility, and insurance law, drafting the Articles and memorandum of association of the project company to be established by the clients, and reviewing the shareholder’s agreement.
- Advising Corbetti Geothermal in connection with the corporate governance structure.
- Acting for Consta Joint Venture in connection with the ongoing litigation between Consta Joint Venture and Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
- Advising BASF in connection with the acquisition of Bayer’s business and assets in Ethiopia.
- Advising Zoscales Partners in connection with its investment in CGF Crown Cork.
- Advising Surya Capitals in connection with its acquisition of a local flower farm.
- Advising Veris Investment in connection with different merger and acquisition transactions.
- Advising a foreign investor in connection with its proposed acquisition of shares in Ethiopian Shipping and Logistics Enterprise, including conducting legal due diligence.
- Advising WILMAR International, Global GMP Malting Services, SITA, and IFFCO, in connection with the establishment of local and foreign companies, including assisting with the renewals of registration and licensing certificates for drafting by laws of the companies and handling the registration of the companies.
- Acting for several international companies in connection with their trademark registration.
- Advising Simmons & Simmons in connection with Ethiopian mining law.
- Advising World Bank, LexisNexis, Clyde& Co, and AVCA in connection with Ethiopian investment sector.
- Advising a client in connection with the proposed acquisition of shares in Ethiopian Shipping and Logistics Enterprise, including conducting a legal due diligence.
3 / 10