David joined MMAKS in April 2009. He holds an LL.B (Hons) degree from Makerere University in Uganda and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre. David has exceptional training in Modern Litigation having undergone training in Trial Advocacy from the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, facilitated by American Lawyers in conjunction with the Uganda Law Society. David is a seasoned Litigation Associate mainly focusing on Commercial and Corporate Law and Litigation. He has assisted many Banks in their debt recovery exercise including Bank of Uganda (where he is on the MMAKS Team that has handled the Ex-Staff Debt Collection Portfolio), Stanbic Bank, Crane Bank, Barclays Bank among others.
Before joining MMAKS, David worked with Stanbic Bank Uganda, where he was a member of the Credit-Legal Team, advising the Credit Department on securities matters.
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda
- East Africa Law Society
2017 to Date: Senior Associate, MMAKS Advocates, Uganda
2009 to 2016: Associate, MMAKS Advocates, Uganda
April 2009: Legal Assistant, MMAKS Advocates, Uganda
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre, Uganda
- B (Hons.), Makerere University, Uganda
- Acting for Brit Syndicates – 2987 (Llyods Underwriters) in a suit by Maisha Creative Agencies seeking to recover USD 500,000. Being an alleged insurance cover.
- Acting for Stanbic Bank in a suit by Henry Tumukunde seeking to challenge a Mortgage of USD 100,000.
- Acting for GoldStar Insurance Company against Spencon in a debt collection suit for USD 50,000.
- Acting for Stanbic Bank in a suit by Kesacon Services, challenging a Loan Agreement in the excess of UGX 300 million.
- Acting for Stanbic Bank in a suit by Busia Produce and Dealers Association, challenging a Loan Agreement in the excess of UGX 1 billion.
10 / 22