Edwin Okello Odundo
Principal Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 20 364 0000
Edwin is an Principal Associate in the Corporate department of Anjarwalla & Khanna.
Edwin’s practice mainly focuses on M&A, commercial law, company law, corporate finance and corporate governance.
- Law Society of Kenya
- International Bar Association
2017: LLM Commercial and Corporate Law, Queen Mary University of London
2012: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2011: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of Cape Town
Dec 2021 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Aug 2018 – Dec 2020: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Feb 2014 – Sept 2016: Associate, Oraro & Company Advocates
Jan 2013 – Jan 2014: Trainee Lawyer, Oraro & Company Advocates
- Acting for Equity Group Holdings, one of the largest commercial banks in Africa by number of customers and publicly traded on the Nairobi, Ugandan and Rwandan securities exchanges, in connection with the acquisition of 66.53% stake in Banque Commercial Du Congo (BCDC), the oldest bank in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Acting for The Rise Fund, an impact fund run by private equity group TPG Growth, in connection with its investment through the Evercare Health Fund, the middle market and growth equity investment platform of TPG, into certain assets that were held by the Abraaj Growth Markets Health Fund, a private equity vehicle dedicated to building affordable high quality health ecosystems in South Asia and Sub Saharan Africa by building green field or assembling and growing city-based cornerstone assets.
- Acting for The Rise Fund, an impact fund run by private equity group TPG Growth, in connection with its acquisition through a wholly owned subsidiary of 33.9% of the issued share capital of Maziwa, a company that is involved in the distribution of milk and milk related products across Kenya, Uganda and Zambia.
- Acting for Asia Africa Investment & Consulting in connection with its investment through its fund, Africa Healthcare Master Fund in various health care organisations in East Africa.
- Acting for Asia Africa Investment & Consulting in connection with a capital investment by Toyota Tsusho CSV Africa in Seven Seas Technologies through a share subscription transaction.
- Advising a company registered in Kenya in connection with an investigation by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council involving alleged unprofessional conduct, including conducting an internal investigation into certain of the company’s processes and operations at its branches.
- Acting for a private equity fund that specifically invests in the African healthcare sector in connection with its investment in a healthcare organisation based in Nairobi, Kenya that provides convenient, rapid diagnostics and medicine delivery services powered by technology.
- Acting for a private equity fund that specifically invests in the African healthcare sector in connection in connection with its investment in a health care organization based in Nairobi, Kenya that provides high quality low cost maternity health services and operates social enterprise maternity hospitals.
- Acting for a private equity fund that specifically invests in the African healthcare sector in connection with its investment in a company based in Nairobi, Kenya that provides medical imaging services.
- Acting for a private equity fund that specifically invests in the African healthcare sector, in connection with an equity investment through a subscription of shares in a Maltese company that owns a company that operates an online pharmacy in Kenya.
Prior to joining A&K Edwin was involved in the following deals:
- Acting for the Board of Directors of an IT company listed in the Nairobi Stock Exchange in connection with their disclosure obligations under the Kenyan takeover code.
- Acting for an international submarine cable operator in connection with their acquisition of a local company in Kenya, including conducting due diligence investigations and preparing transaction documents.
- Acting for an international transportation and logistics company in connection with carriers’ liability under Kenyan law.
- Acting for a software development startup company in connection with a capital raising exercise.
- Acting for a software development company in connection with a joint venture transaction, including preparing the transaction documents.
- Acting for Diamond Trust Bank Kenya in connection with its 2014 Rights Issue, including conducting due diligence investigations and preparing transaction documents.
- Acting for an international banking institution in connection with its compliance with the Kenyan banking regulatory framework and the Central Bank of Kenya prudential guidelines.
32 / 68