Elizabeth Kiluu is an Associate in the Banking & Finance Department of the firm. She principally advices on banking and finance matters. Elizabeth also advises on capital markets, insolvency and restructuring.
2019: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2017: Bachelors of Law (LL.B), University of Nairobi
2014: Certified Secretary (Part III)
May 2021 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Sept 2019 – Apr 2021: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Jul 2018 – Oct 2021: Senior Apprentice, legal department, Equity Bank Kenya
Apr 2014 – Jun 2017: Relationship officer operations, Equity Bank Kenya
- Acting for NCBA Bank Kenya, a commercial bank in Kenya in connection with the financing of a facility of USD 85 million to West Kenya Sugar secured by a debenture and charges created over 114 properties.
- Acting as local counsel for Liquid Telecommunications Finance, a UK Finance Company, in connection with a proposed high-yield bond transaction including the issuance of senior secured notes by a UK finance subsidiary, together with the entry into a pari passu revolving credit facility/term loan and inter-creditor agreement, advising on the enforceability of Kenyan securities, validity of choice of law in Kenya, conflict of laws/regulations/statutes in Kenya and any consents, approvals, authorizations and filings.
- Acting for Ecobank Bank, a commercial bank in Kenya, in connection with the financing of a medium-term facility of USD 114 million to Grain Bulk Handlers, a wholly owned Kenyan company that owns and operates a specialised terminal for the handling of bulk grain imports.
- Advising a private equity fund in connection with the distribution of marketing material detailing potential investments to prospective investors.
- Acting for various lenders generally in relation to the perfection of securities as relates to the financing of working capital, property acquisitions, collateral management and the subordination of shareholders and/or directors loans.
61 / 70