Fayaz Hajee Abdoula joined BLC Robert as a pupil in 2009 and was called to the Mauritius Bar in January 2010. Over the last 9 years, Fayaz has developed a corporate and commercial practice being involved on a number of sizeable M&A transactions, joint ventures involving amongst others private equity firms, regulated entities, listed companies, hotels and multinationals.
Fayaz is reputed to provide sound commercially viable advice.
He also is the lead employment lawyer in the firm advising on several high profile employment matters. Fayaz is a regular contributor of published articles on corporate and commercial matters. He is also a member of the Alternative Tax Dispute Resolution Panel, an independent panel set up the by the Mauritius Revenue Authority with the aim of finding a mutual agreement in respect of large tax disputes.
Furthermore, as part of his social responsibility engagement, he is the President of OpenMind, a non-governmental organisation focusing on the plight of people suffering from psychological disorders.
- Mauritius Bar Association
- Society of Lincoln Inns
2008: Bar Vocational Course, City Law School, London, UK
2007: LL.B (Hons.) – University of Manchester, UK
2009 – Date: Partner, BLC Robert
- Contributor to the “Chambers Global Practice Guides” on Employment
- Contributed to Baker McKenzie’s EMEA Tax Transactions Guide
- Advised Deutsche Bank (Global Transaction Banking division) in connection to the sale of its Corporate Services business to Vistra Group.
- Advised Dentressangle Initiatives on the acquisition of shares in Sun Resorts Limited, a chain of hotels in Mauritius listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius.
- Advisor to a number of sizeable Mauritian companies on employment law matters.
- Advised a wholly-owned subsidiary of MCB Group Limited (which owns the biggest bank in Mauritius) on the acquisition of the entire shareholding of Club Med S.A.S, representing 84.43% of the shares in COVIFRA, a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius.
- Advisor to One&Only Le Saint Geran in connection to rental pool agreements following the construction of private residences for guests.
- Advised Baring Private Equity Asia, one of the largest and most established independent private equity firms in Asia in connection with the acquisition of three Mauritius-based management companies.
- Advised Courts Asia in connection to the acquisition of the Courts business in Mauritius.
- Advised Vistra Group, one of the world’s leading providers of company formations, trust, corporate and fund administration services on regulatory compliance and contractual matters.
- Advisor to RIU Hotel and Resort Group, a renowned name in the hotel industry, since its implementation in Mauritius in 2014.
- Part of a team advising the Government of Mauritius in respect of the Ring Road Project.
- Acted for an international private company on its acquisition of shares worth USD 50 million of another private Pan African company.
- Advisor to Bauer which was been appointed by the Government of Mauritius for the construction of Bagatelle Dam on employment law issues.
- Represented a financial conglomerate on the potential purchase of a Mauritius real estate fund worth USD 30 million.
- Advisor to various sophisticated and expert investors on the acquisition of shares in global business companies incorporated in Mauritius.
- Advised in connection to a proposed share deal involving a multinational supermarket chain.
- Advised one the of the world’s largest paper companies on corporate law matters.
- Routinely manages due diligence exercises on companies domiciled in Mauritius.
- Acting as employment law advisor to Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles in connection to their involvement in the light metro project in Mauritius.
- Routinely advises companies on the general corporate law and governance matters.
7 / 24