George Sakimpa is an Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the Dispute Resolution department. George advises and represents clients on a wide array of civil and commercial matters.
- Law Society of Kenya
- Institute of Certified Secretaries of Kenya (ICS)
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya Tax Committee (2022-2024)
2019: Postgraduate Diploma in Tax Administration, Kenya School of Revenue Administration (ongoing)
2019: Certified Public Secretary of Kenya (CPS-K)
2018: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2017: Bachelor of Laws. LL. B, Second Class Honors (Upper Division), University of Nairobi
2022 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Advocates, Nairobi
2020 -2022: Associate, Ashitiva Advocates LLP
2019 – 2020: Pupil, Ashitiva Advocates LLP
2017 – 2018: Assistant Legal Officer, Letshego Kenya Limited
- Acting for Mastercard Asia Pacific before the Supreme Court of Kenya in an application for joinder as an Interested Party to the petition by ABSA Bank challenging the decision by the Court of Appeal on witholding tax for royalties to card companies and interchange fees.
- Acting for one of Kenya’s first operational Special Economic Zone company in an arbitration before the Internationla Chamber of Comerce (ICC) claiming damages for approximately KES 520 million for delays occassioned in the execution of the works contract.
- Acting for Victoria Commercial Bank in a debt recovery for approximately KES 1.2 billion against directors of a company that went insolvent for personal guarantees issued by them as security for the facilities advanced to the company.
- Acting for INEOS Automobile at the Kenya Industrial Property Insitute in opposition to registration of 3D Vehicle Shapes trademark by Jaguar Land Rover.
- Acting for SOS Children’s Villages International in a labour dispute with the Director of its Regional Training Resource Centre before the Employment and Labour Relations Court.
- Acting for Boston Athletics Association in the High Court of Kenya in proceedings seeking for recognition and enforcement of an International Arbitral Award issued by the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland against one of the leading Kenyan athlete.
- Acting for Safepak in connection with a claim alleging historical land injustices by a local Kenyan community.
- Successfully acting for 312 Kenya Airways employees in the High Court of Kenya in an application seeking setting aside of an arbitral award for a dispute over a development worth KES 1.5 billion against EPCO Builders and successfully having the award adopted and enforced as an order of the court.
- Prosecuting a high value arbitration before a three-panel arbitral tribunal against one of the leading companies for breach of a contract for supply of solar energy for the company’s city project and terminating our client’s contract unproceduarally;
- Successfully prosecuting a precedent setting constitutional petition on behalf of a high-end residential estate against a real estate developer in which the court affirmed the children’s right to a play area.
- Acting for the Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority in connection with a novel Judicial Review application on the extend of powers of the Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority and challenging a demand for unclaimed assets held by one of the leading insurance companies.
- Acting for Kenya Airways in connection with a dispute involving the structural defects in one of their high-end residential units constructed for their staff.
- Offering advisory services on transfer pricing to one of the leading tele communications companies in Kenya to ensure the company is tax compliant with the kenyan laws.
- Sucessfully prosecuting a constitutional petition seeking for appointment of our client as managing director of the Agricultural Finance Corporation who was bypassd by the Board of Directors after emerging as the best candidate for the position.