Haymanot is a Principal Associate at Mesfin Tafesse & Associate (MTA). She has more than 9 years of experience in legal advisory services. At MTA, Haymanot assisted several international and domestic clients with banking and finance, corporate, project work, power and energy, telecom, mining, oil and gas, construction, and tax matters. Before joining MTA, she worked at Ethiopian Airlines Group on deal structuring, transaction advisory, and corporate legal advice. Haymanot has been ranked as a “rising star lawyer” by Legal 500.
2017: Candidate Master of Laws (Candidate LLM), University of South Africa
2015: Bachelor of Arts [BA], Mekelle University, Mekelle, Ethiopia
2014: Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Mekelle University
2023 – DATE: Principal Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
2021 – 2023: Senior Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
2020 – 2021: Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
2015 – 2020: Attorney at Ethiopian Airlines Group
2014 – 2015: Assistant Lecturer at Mekelle University
- Acting for Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank in connection with Habesha Cement, including reviewing the facility agreement and securities.
- Acting for Credion Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft in connection with a loan facility with an Ethiopian borrower.
- Advising Oesterreichishe Entwicklungs bank AG in connection the a loan facility with an Ethiopian borrower.
- Acting for Sunshine Business Group in connection with the facility agreement with United States International Development Finance Corporation.
- Acting for Bloomberg in connection with the legal framework for the provision of bond and FX trading Products in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Crown Agents Bank in connection with a due diligence questionnaire on Ethiopian law regarding banking, payment, and forex rules.
- Acting for Goldman Sachs in connection with the legal framework related with forex related products.
- Advising Citi Bank in connection with the legal framework for provision of bill of exchange products in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Radisson Hotels Aps Danmark in connection with reviewing direct agreement.
- Advising MTN in connection with security laws of Ethiopia.
- Advising clients on FIDIC Based Construction Contracts, consultancy contracts and other documents and preparing legal analysis in relation to potential disputes for one of the well-known construction consultancy companies in the world.
- Acting for Development of Clean Energy Online Tool in connection with preparation of legal documents.
4 / 5