Senior Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 (0) 20 364 0000
Kevin is a Senior Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the corporate team. He focuses on corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions, competition law and other regulatory matters.
2010: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2009: Bachelors of Law (LL.B) Hons., University of Nairobi
Jan 2020 – Date: Senior Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Feb 2019 – Dec 2019: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
May 2017 – Jan 2019: Senior Associate, KN Law LLP, Nairobi
Jun 2014 – Apr 2017: Senior Legal Associate, Britam Asset Managers (Kenya) Limited
Nov 2011 – May 2014: Associate, Mboya Wangongú & Waiyaki Advocates
- Acting for Equity Group Holdings in connection with its acquisition of Banque Commerciale Du Congo in the Democratic Republic of Congo and acquisition of additional shares in Equity Bank Congo from Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) following the exercise of a Put Option by KfW.
- Acting for Equity Group Holdings in its proposed amalgamation of the business and assets of Banque Commerciale Du Congo with the business and assets of Equity Bank Congo in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Acting for Equity Group Holdings in the capital raising exercise by its subsidiary in the DRC, Equity Banque Commerciale Du Congo, in a first of its kind transaction that set precedent for rights issues from a practical and legal perspective for the DRC and all the jurisdictions under the OHADA Uniform law, including Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Congo, Comoros, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Mali, Niger, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Senegal, Chad, and Togo.
- Advising Equity Group Holdings in its proposed acquisition of banking assets in Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania and Rwanda from Atlas Mara in exchange for shares in Equity Group Holdings
- Acting for Equity Group Holdings in relation to the sale of the stake held by the Britam Group (another leading diversified financial services group that is listed on the NSE) to the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
- Acting for Equity Bank Kenya in its acquisition of the loan book and customer deposits of Spire Bank Limited.
- Acting for Actis and the founders of AutoXpress International (an East African, market leading importer, distributor and retailer of tyres, auto parts and accessories, which has subsidiaries in Mauritius, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda) in Actis’ exit from AutoXpress International Ltd.
- Acting for Actis and Westmont Hospitality Group on their acquisition of distressed hotel assets in Tanzania and Kenya from City Lodge Hotels Group.
- Acting for Kerry Group, an international leader in taste & nutrition innovation, in relation to its acquisition of the Afribon Group, a food ingredients company that specializes in the development, production and marketing of food flavors with five production sites, in Rwanda, Cameroon, Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania.
- Acting for Sendy, a technology company that builds fulfilment infrastructure for e-commerce and consumer brands, in relation to a Series B Investment round in the company.
- Acting for Sendy in connection with a Series B investment round in the amount of USD 15 million.
- Acting for I&M Holdings in its acquisition of a majority stake in Orient Bank, Uganda.
- Acting for Access Bank Nigeria in connection with its acquisition of Transnational Bank.
- Acting for Trace Global in connection with a subscription of a majority shareholding in Qwetu Media Services and its consequent entry into the Kenyan market.
- Acting for Schneider Electric Industries in connection with the increase of its majority stake in Schneider Electric (Kenya).
- Acting for Shanta Gold in connection with its acquisition of Acacia Kenya Exploration (Kenya), a mining company with operations in Kenya, at a cost of approximately USD 14.5 million.
- Advising Base Titanium in relation to mining laws and regulations.
- Acting for Kuramo Capital and Ascent Capital in relation to an investment in a Platcorp Holdings, a financial services company based in Mauritius and with operations in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- Acting for Ascent Capital in its ongoing exit of an investment in Kisumu Concrete Products Limited, a construction materials manufacturer, a transaction that sees a private equity fund exiting an investment in a company outside of the capital city of Kenya, Nairobi.
- Acting for Chandaria Industries in relation to its acquisition of certain businesses and assets of Transafrica Paper Mills.
- Acting for Holmarcom Group, an industrial conglomerate operating in various industries, including financial services, in its acquisition of a controlling stake in the Monarch Insurance Company Limited.
- Acting for various clients in connection with local competition law issues related to mergers and acquisitions and assisting in obtaining related regulatory approvals from the Competition Authority of Kenya.
- Acting for various clients in connection with the restructuring of their business operations.
- Acting for International clients in connection with their setting up of businesses in Kenya.
- Acting for an international reinsurance company in connection with its proposal to set up business operations in East Africa.
42 / 77