Levi Muchai Wangome
Principal Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 (0) 20 364 0000
Levi Muchai Wangome is a Principal Associate in Anjarwalla & Khanna’s Real Estate and Construction department.
Levi focuses mainly on real estate law and property development. He represents residential, commercial and mixed-use developers on all aspects of real estate development with particular emphasis on the acquisition or sale of properties, due diligence and negotiation of the requisite contracts.
Levi also works with the corporate team in undertaking detailed due diligence of properties involved in corporate restructurings, legal and compliance audits, as well as working with the projects and infrastructure team in reviewing land project documents to ensure that the documents are bankable and have complied with the land use, planning and user restrictions.
His experience also includes advising clients on land use, planning, zoning and user restrictions, environmental law, due diligence and compliance matters involving properties throughout Kenya.
- Law Society of Kenya
2017: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2016: LL.B, Second Class Honours (Upper Division), Strathmore University
Apr 2022 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi, Kenya
Jan 2019 – Mar 2022: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi, Kenya
Jan 2017 – Dec 2018: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi, Kenya
Nov 2016 – Jan 2017: Legal Intern, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Nairobi, Kenya
Jul 2016 – Aug 2016: Intern, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi, Kenya
May 2015 – Jul 2015: Intern, I&M Bank
- “Drone Regulations in Kenya” by L2b Aviation
- “Aircraft-Financing” by Sweet and Maxwell and Thomson
- Acting for a developer in the residential development known as Mi Vida Garden City, including advising on the drafting of the agreement for lease, sale agreements and lease as well as negotiating the agreement for sale and lease with various purchasers and their respective advocates.
- Acting for a developer in the residential development known as Garden City Village, including drafting and negotiating the agreements for lease, sale agreements and long term leases in respect of the residential houses in the development.
- Acting for Actis in the development known as Garden City Business Park comprising of a Grade A building consisting of over 270,000 square feet consisting of office spaces, including advising on the drafting and negotiating the short-term commercial leases in respect of the office spaces in the building.
- Acting for a project developer undertaking a 50MW wind power project in Kajiado County, including undertaking detailed due diligence on the land titles acquired in relation to the project, reviewing the land project documents entered into by the project company including leases and easement agreements to ensure that they are bankable, reviewing the land use, planning and change of user processes undertaken by the project company and advising on various land-related issues affecting the project.
- Advising SOKO Community Trust, a non-profit organization undertaking charitable community projects in three main areas, namely: livelihoods, menstrual health and skills development, on setting up in Kenya and ongoing legal compliance.
- Undertaking a legal and compliance audit on a Tier I Bank listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and which is part of an international banking group.
- Advising various developers, purchasers, lessor and lessees of commercial and residential properties in connection with the acquisition of land, land control requirements, obtaining various development approvals including obtaining the necessary approvals from the relevant authorities, physical planning requirements, sale or lease of commercial and residential units and advising clients on real estate taxes including stamp duty and capital gains tax.
- Negotiating several large and complex real estate and land use transactions with a particular focus on corporate real estate purchases and sales.
- Representing clients in connection with their mixed-use developments, including carrying out due diligence, negotiating sale agreements and advising the client on various issues touching on planning laws and user restrictions.
- Drafting of commercial contracts i.e. joint venture agreements, agency agreements and instalment sales agreements.
- Research and preparing legal opinions on issues affecting clients.
- Handling general conveyancing matters including sale, transfer, leasing and charging land and giving legal advice on matters touching on land.
- Incorporation of companies and drafting of commercial contracts and deeds.
34 / 68