Principal Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P. O. Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 (0) 703 032 000, +254 (0) 20 364 0144
+254 (0) 703 032 144
Maureen Chepkoech Kirui is a Principal Associate in the Corporate department at Anjarwalla & Khanna. Her practice focuses mainly on corporate mergers and acquisitions, employment law, capital markets and intellectual property.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Law Society of Kenya
2017: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2015: Bachelors of Law (LL.B, Second Class Honours (Upper Division), Kenyatta University
Jan 2021 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Jan 2018 – Dec 2020: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Jan 2016 – Jan 2018: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Sept 2015 – Dec 2015: Legal Intern, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
- Acting for Liberty Holdings, a company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and its Kenyan subsidiary – Stanlib Kenya, in connection with their 100% sale of the first listed investment real estate investment trust in Kenya (Stanlib Fahari I-Reit) and a Unit Trust, each regulated by the Capital Markets Authority of Kenya to ICEA Lion Asset Management.
- Acting for Helios Investment Partners, a leading private equity company in Africa, on its KES 3.6 billion (approximately USD 40 million) equity investment in Wananchi Holdings Limited, a leading media and telecoms group, including conducting and coordinating due diligence across 6 countries.
- Acting for GardaWorld Security Corporation in connection with their acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Ursa Group, an international professional services, training and project management company with subsidiaries in Zambia and Malawi.
- Acting for a non-profit organization providing health care globally, in connection with disciplinary proceedings against some of its employees in its Africa Regional Office, including preparing the suspension letters, the charge letters, extension of the suspension letters and the disciplinary hearing notices; reviewing the disciplinary panel’s report; preparing the termination letters and the notices to attend the appeal hearings; and reviewing the appeal hearing panel’s report.
- Acting for Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), a nonprofit organization that provides reproductive health care in the United States and globally, in connection with a planned restructuring of PPFA ‘s operations in Kenya and globally, including advising on the PPFA employment policies and internal disciplinary policies and advising on the relocation of a senior staff member.
- Acting for International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, Kenya (IAVI), a global not-for-profit organisation dedicated to addressing challenges of HIV and AIDS, in connection with reviewing its employment internal policies, procedures and employment contracts.
- Acting for Yara East Africa, a subsidiary of Yara International ASA which is a world leading fertilizer company, in connection with redundancy of its employees due to cost reductions that Yara was making in its office in Kenya.
- Advising Bloomberg, a financial software, data, and media company, in connection with employment laws in Kenya.
26 / 70