Mehak is an Associate at ALN UAE | Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota. She specialises in corporate mergers & acquisitions, private equity, banking and finance and general corporate advisory matters, including joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, corporate governance matters and regulatory compliance. She regularly advises clients in a number of sectors including energy, banking, manufacturing and trading, IT and logistics.
Mehak is an Attorney and Counsellor at Law, New York State, USA. She is also a member of the New York State Bar Association, the American Bar Association and holds an L.L.B from the University of Warwick, England.
- Attorney and Counsellor at Law, New York State, USA
2017: Legal Practice Course, BPP University London, England
2016: LL.B, Bachelor of Laws, the University of Warwick, England
2020 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota, Dubai
2019 – 2020: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota, Dubai
2018 – 2019: Paralegal, Rosenblatt Limited, London
- Acting for a company listed on the London Stock Exchange in connection with the acquisition of 100% shareholding in a UAE company operating in the Technology sector, including undertaking legal due diligence on the target, reviewing and advising on the transaction documents which includes a share purchase agreement and a transition services agreement from a UAE law perspective, assisting with obtaining regulatory approvals and completing the transfer formalities in the UAE.
- Acting for a group of US investors in connection with the acquisition of 100% shareholding in a UAE based company operating in the Technology sector, including providing structuring advice on the transaction, undertaking a full scope legal due diligence on the target, reviewing and advising on the transaction documents and assisting with the satisfaction of the conditions precedent, completion mechanics and transfer formalities in the UAE.
- Acting for a large UK multinational software group in connection with the restructuring and re-organisation of its group companies based in the United Arab Emirates, including advising on the structure of the business transfer transaction and preparing transaction documents which include the business transfer agreement, assignment agreement and deed of novation from a UAE law compliance perspective.
- Acting for a Bermuda based fund in connection with the sale of its 100%)shareholding in its subsidiary based in Mauritius to a UAE based purchaser, including preparing and reviewing the binding term sheet and the share purchase agreement and coordinating with legal counsel in Mauritius to ensure compliance with laws of Mauritius for the purposes of the share transfer formalities and completion mechanics.
- Acting as UAE legal advisor for a government investment fund in connection with a potential equity and debt investment in a Dubai based free zone company, which is part of a diversified plastics manufacturing group based in Botswana, with a presence across Southern Africa, including assisting with a limited scope legal due diligence on corporate and license.
- Acting for CPAS Management DWC, a leading document storage and management service provider and the UAE affiliate of Glenbeigh Group, an Irish diversified business group, in connection with the acquisition of its entire shareholding by Iron Mountain, an American enterprise information management services company listed on the New York Stock Exchange, including drafting and negotiating the transaction documents, the share purchase agreement, Shari’ah compliant lease agreements and certain ancillary documents and advising on relevant procedures to be followed for completing the transactions and procuring regulatory approvals for the transactions.
- An investment company established in a free zone in the UAE in connection with its acquisition of a majority equity stake in a group of UAE companies engaged in steel fabrication, including advising on the transaction structure, conducting legal due diligence on the target companies, preparing and negotiating the transaction documents comprised of share subscription agreement, shareholders’ agreement and the share security agreement, supervising the internal restructuring of the group, coordinating the satisfaction of conditions precedent and completion of the transaction.
- A large Omani manufacturing company listed on the Muscat Securities Market in connection with a co-acquisition, with the lead acquirer, a large Mauritius investment company of certain manufacturing companies in the Indian Ocean Islands region, in Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mayotte, Reunion and Seychelles, from a multinational manufacturing company which is exiting the region, including assisting the client with reviewing the Term Sheet and the Share Purchase Agreement to be entered into between the seller and the lead acquirer, undertaking a high-level review of the legal due diligence report prepared in relation to the target companies, and drafting and negotiating the Memorandum of Understanding and the warehousing agreement between our client and the lead acquirer.
- A large Omani manufacturing company listed on the Muscat Securities Market in connection with a proposed joint venture with a company based in Dubai, UAE, including structuring of the joint venture transaction, advising on the appropriate free zone to establish the joint venture entity and assisting with the establishment of the joint venture entity.
Banking & Finance
- Acting as the lead counsel for a Cayman Islands Trade Finance Fund in connection with a trade finance loan to a UK company with operating company in Bahrain, including drafting of a facility agreement, corporate guarantee together with coordinating and overseeing certain security arrangements in Bahrain with Bahrain counsel.
- Acting for Rybalkin Gortsunyan Dyakin, the lead counsel to a large Russian bank, in connection with a settlement arrangement with a UAE company, the borrower of a term loan advanced by the bank, including reviewing of settlement deed together with ancillary finance documents from a UAE law perspective together with preparing a capacity and enforceability opinion.
- A bank in connection with the advance of a loan facility to a Mauritius based mobile micro-finance company, including advising the client on the security structure to be implemented for securing their liability under the bank guarantee being provided by the bank to service providers in the UAE, reviewing and commenting on the commercial agreements entered into between the UAE service provider and the mobile microfinance company and the loan agreements with the bank and advising on the perfection and enforcement of the UAE law security to be created as security for the proposed transaction.
- Acting for a large Kenyan bank in connection with a term loan to a mining group with operations in Democratic Republic of Congo and a trading company in the UAE, including reviewing of a facility agreement, inter-creditor agreement and security trustee agreement from a UAE law perspective together with preparing certain UAE security agreements that included moveables securities agreement, corporate guarantee, undertaking and capacity and enforceability opinion.
7 / 8