Natnael Aklog is an Associate at Mesfin Tafesse & Associates (MTA). He has experience in legal research and due diligence. He has been involved in conducting research on Ethiopian merger laws and advised clients on setting up businesses in Ethiopia. He has also been actively engaged in processing merger notifications for various clients as well as providing ongoing legal advisory specialising in the corporate/commercial practice.
2019: Bachelor of Laws [LLB], Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
DELF A2 Certificate, French Ministry of Education
Jan 2022 – Date: Associate at Mesfin Tafesse & Associates
Sept 2019 – Dec 2021: Junior Associate at Mesfin Tafesse & Associates
May 2019 – Jul 2019: Intern at Mesfin Tafesse & Associates
Oct 2019 – Dec 2019: Legal Councilor at Ethiopian Lawyers Association Legal Clinic Center
Aug 2017- Sept 2017: Data encoder at ITSC
Jul 2015 – Aug 2015: Research Assistant at Matu Consult
- Acting for CRO for Dlight in connection with setting up in Ethiopia.
- Advising Varis BV in connection with merger filing in relation to an acquisition of Senselet BV by Seven-Up.
- Advising Granville in connection with merger laws.
- Advising Metad in connection with a legal due diligence.
- Advising Zoscales in connection with a legal due diligence when it acquired shares in Pioneer Diagnostic Center.
- Acting for various organisation in connection with their merger notifications and approvals.
- Acting for MultiChoice Ethiopia in connection with a legal due diligence report.
- Researching and responding to questionnaires on data protection laws and media laws.
- Acting for DHL, Holland Dairy, Senselet Food Processing, Selet Hulling in connection with ongoing operational legal advisory service.
- Acting for Linklaters in connection with a legal research on merger and acquisition laws.
- Co-authoring the article published by MTA regarding the amended commercial code.
- Advising PVH, Grand Asia Intertrade in connection with their authentication of shareholders resolutions and increment of capital.
- Acting for Rockstone Ethiopia in connection with reviewing their sale contracts.
- Advising FSD Ethiopia in connection with the forex control rules.
- Advising Packard Foundation in connection with privacy laws.
- Acting for ImpactHer in connection with reviewing Influencer Agreements and Suppliers Agreements.
- Advising social media companies in connection with how they should conduct their business during elections.
- Acting for Invivo Group in connection with their acquisition of Etablissements J. Soufflet.
7 / 10