Njoki Kihiu is an Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the Corporate department. She advises on corporate and commercial law, capital markets, employment, mergers and acquisitions, competition law, and other regulatory matters.
- Law Society of Kenya
2021: LLM, Master’s in law, Durham University
2015: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2014: LL.B, Bachelor of Laws, the University of Nairobi
Jul 2022 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Advocates, Nairobi
Nov 2019 – Sep 2020: Legal and Compliance Officer, Tatu City Limited
Jan 2017 – Oct 2019: Associate, DLA Piper Africa, Kenya
Jan – Dec 2016: Trainee Lawyer, DLA Piper Africa, Kenya
- Acting for a leading private equity fund and another investor in connection with their exit from an investee company in Kenya’s high-end education sector, including drafting and negotiating transaction documents, obtaining regulatory approvals for the transaction and attending to completion matters.
- Acting for KCB Group in connection with its proposed acquisition of certain assets of Imperial Bank (in liquidation), including conducting a legal due diligence on the Imperial Bank (in liquidation), preparation of relevant transaction documents, obtaining regulatory approvals for the transaction and attending to completion matters.
- Acting for a private investor form USA in connection with a due diligence exercise on a private medical clinic, including reviewing inter alia corporate status, governance matters, licencing and regulatory compliance, contracts and employments matters.
- Acting for the Government of Kenya (through a state agent) in connection with a proposed privatisation of a state parastatal, including carrying out legal due diligence on the target state parastatal and advising on viable privatisation options.
- Acting for a key player in the real estate market and listed in the Nairobi Securities Exchange in connection with a capital raising exercise to fund its projects, including carrying out an in-depth due diligence exercise in connection with the client’s business operations.
- Acting for a client in connection with the setting up of a private equity fund in Mauritius, including preparing and reviewing of the private placement memorandum, shareholders’ agreement, subscription agreements and various side letters.
- Conducting due diligence and preparing various transaction documents for clients in connection with their private equity investments.
- Advising various clients in connection with their legal compliance with the law.
*Some matters predate ALN Kenya.
62 / 76