Olive Wambugu is an Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna’s Real Estate & Construction department.
Her focus is on real estate law and property development where she advises and represents various clients, individuals, corporate and institutional, local and international, on all aspects of real estate, including acquisition and sale of properties, leases and tenancies, deal structuring and financing and related contract arrangements.
She also works closely with the corporate and projects and infrastructure teams in advising on real estate components of corporate and project transactions through such processes as due diligence, deal structuring and project documents review.
She has also undertaken diverse assignments in legal consultancy and legislative drafting, where she has participated in various legal consultancy projects involving both state and non-state, local and international actors.
- Law Society of Kenya
- East African Law Society
2021: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2017: Certificate, War and Diplomacy, Kings College London
2016: Bachelor of Laws (LL. B) (Hons), University of Nairobi
2023 – Date: Associate Advocate, Anjarwalla & Khanna LLP, Nairobi
2021 – 2022: Associate Advocate, Muma & Kanjama Advocates
2020 – 2021: Trainee Advocate, Muma & Kanjama Advocates, Nairobi
2018 – 2019: Relationship Officer, Legal Services, Equity Bank (Kenya) Limited
2017- 2018: Relationship Officer, Trade Finance Services, Equity Bank (Kenya) Limited
2016 – 2017: Graduate Assistant, Strathmore University Law School, Nairobi
- Acting for various market-leading residential property developers including Mi Vida Thika Road and Garden City Residential in complex and standard real estate assignments through advising and negotiating various project documents and preparing and closing on various agreements for sale and long-term leases for buyers.
- Acting for various market-leading commercial and retail property developers including I&M Realty and the Grenadier Group in preparing, advising on, negotiating and closing on various lease agreements.
- Representing various individual, local and international clients in connection with diverse sale and purchase transactions through due diligence, negotiating of sale agreements, completion and registration formalities.
- Acting for various clients in registration of various legal entities, corporate restructuring, preparation of board and governance charters and registration of various IP rights among others.
- Acting for various Banks including Equity Bank, Stanbic Bank and Ecobank in connection with perfection of securities including through preparation, review and registration of charges and debentures, preparation of loan agreements, deeds of guarantee and assignment and discharges among others.
- Providing advisory to clients on the process of title migration through the Ardhisasa platform and undertaking diverse conveyancing and security registration transactions on the platform.
- Participating in a World Bank-funded Technical Assistance project in which the legal team was contracted to offer legal and governance consultancy on the impact of the development of the Nairobi Railway City which involved the Kenya Railways Corporation and multiple other stakeholders.
- Participating in an AFD-funded Technical Assistance project where the legal team was contracted to offer legal and governance consultancy on the implementation of the Nairobi Commuter Rail Master Plan involving multiple state and non-state stakeholders.
- Providing sub-consultancy legal and governance consultancy services to a Technical Consultant seeking to redesign the Human Resource Framework of the Nairobi Metropolitan Area Authority against international Mass Rapid Transport Authority benchmarks.
- Drafting of the Climate Change Public Participation and Access to Climate Change Regulations and the Code of Conduct and Conduct of Doing Business for the National Climate Change Council Regulations under the Climate Change Act, 2016 being contracts awarded by the Ministry of Environment and Forestry alongside the United Nations Development Programme.
74 / 76