Priscilla Onesmus is a Principal Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the Litigation team. She focuses on mainly on civil and commercial litigation.
Priscilla is a persuasive litigator with 9 years of experience in analyzing complex issues, formulating legal arguments and providing sound legal advise on a wide range of topics. Adept at navigating legal systems, leveraging resources and communicating with clients with a thorough understanding of precedents and regulations.
2012-2013: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2007-2011: Bachelor of Laws, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Jan 2021 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna Advocates
Jan 2015 – Dec 2020: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna Advocates
Feb 2014 – Dec 2014: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna Advocates
Apr 2013 – Sept 2013: Pupil, Munyithya, Mutugi, Umara & Muzna Advocates
Dec 2012 – Mar 2013: Intern, Gikandi & Company Advocates
Aug 2011 – Jan 2012: Intern, Gikandi & Company Advocates
Jul 2007 – Oct 2007: Intern, Obara & Obara Advocates
- Successfully obtaining injunctive orders against the Kenya Ports Authority stopping the utilization of the Kipevu Oil Terminal on private land pending determination of the parties’ rights to such property.
- Representing various local corporations and multinational corporations before the Environment and Land Court, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Kenya in all manner of land related disputes including, challenging the compulsory acquisition of land by the Government of Kenya.
- Advising International Planned Parenthood Federation on workforce restructuring including process, employee rights, timescales, and implementation in compliance with relevant Kenya Labour Laws.
- Advising various local and multinational corporations on different aspects of Kenya Labour Laws and representing their interests before the Employment and Labour Relations Court as well as in out of court settlement negotiations.
- Successfully making a judicial review application, on behalf of various tuk tuk associations, seeking the revocation of an order issued by the County Government of Mombasa banning the registration of tuk tuks within Mombasa County.
- Representing a banking institution before the Court of Appeal in a matter involving the Bank’s exercise of its statutory power of sale and successfully making an application to have the appeal dismissed as against the Bank.
- Advising and acting for Bank of Africa in realizing its charged securities to recover outstanding loans from various customers.
- Representing OLA Energy Kenya in an arbitration dispute in which the Claimant demands renewal of a Dealership Agreement for the operation our client’s service station.
- Providing compliance advise on anti-bribery and anti-corruption regulations to various local and multinational corporations.
- Review of a construction contract for a multinational client and advising on the regulatory framework in respect to construction law
- Successfully settling a contentious leasing dispute out of Court
- Assisting in advising a client on co-ownership of agricultural land by citizens and foreigners in Kenya
- Successfully negotiating settlement on behalf of Trans-national Bank in a contentious banking transaction.
11 / 74