Priscilla W. Githinji
Principal Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 (0) 20 364 0000
Priscilla is a Principal Associate at A&K’s Tax department. She specialises on Kenyan and cross-border taxation matters.
Priscilla has vast knowledge and experience in supporting wide range of clients in providing tax advisory services, conducting tax health checks and due diligence, tax lobby support services as well as tax trainings. She also has experience in assisting clients with complex Kenya Revenue Authority tax audits as well as dispute resolution with the Kenya Revenue Authority including representing clients at the Tax Appeals Tribunal and at the Alternative Dispute Resolution forums.
Prior to joining A&K, Priscilla worked in the tax practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited in Kenya.
- Law Society of Kenya
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants
2012: Certified Public Accountant, (CPA-K)
2020: Certified Secretary, (CS) Graduate
2016: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2014: Bachelor of Laws. LL.B, Second Class Honors (Upper Division), University of Nairobi
Jan 2021 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna
Jul 2019 – Dec 2020: Assistant Manager- PricewaterhouseCoopers
Jul 2016- Jul 2019: Senior Associate- PricewaterhouseCoopers
Apr 2015 – Jun 2016: Tax Associate – PricewaterhouseCoopers
Sept 2014 – Mar 2015: Audit Associate- PricewaterhouseCoopers
Apr 2014 – Aug 2014: Legal intern- Sichangi and Company Advocates
Jan 2014 – Mar 2014: Legal intern- Capital Markets Authority
- Advising one of the leading tobacco manufacturing companies in Kenya in connection with their excise duty and customs review exercise, including ensuring that the company’s business processes are tax compliant and advising on tax planning aspects.
- Advising Kenya Bankers Association in connection with lobbying for clarity on definition of ‘other fees’ subject to excise duty including successfully supporting the client with the Lobby process.
- Advising three insurance companies in connection with matters relating to excise duty on ‘other fees’ including representing the companies at the Tax Appeals Tribunal and Alternative Dispute Resolution forums.
- Advising a leading food processing and packaging solutions Company in connection with an application for tariff ruling with the KRA, including supporting the company with objecting the tariff ruling and successfully defending the companies tariff classification at the Tax Appeals Tribunal.
56 / 70