Senior Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
PO Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 20 364 0000
Sanelisiwe Mpofana is a Senior Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the Projects and Infrastructure department.
She focuses on legal advice in relation to energy, infrastructure project development and finance. Her experience includes advising borrowers, lenders, corporates and government institutions on various aspects relating financing for projects and infrastructure, asset acquisitions and general debt funding, including the regulatory aspects related thereto.
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces (South Africa)
2010: LLB, Rhodes University, SA
2008: BCom, Rhodes University, SA
May 2019 – Date: Senior Associate, Anjarwalla& Khanna, Nairobi
2018 – 2019: Associate, White & Case LLP, Johannesburg
2017 – 2018: Senior Associate, Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr, Johannesburg
2016 – 2017: Senior Legal Advisor, Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa, Johannesburg
2015 – 2016: Associate, Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr, Johannesburg
2014 – 2015: Associate, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa, Johannesburg
2012 -2014: Candidate Attorney, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa, Johannesburg
2010 -2012: Production Co-ordinator, Supersport Outside Broadcast, Johannesburg
- Advising Quantum Power East Africa in connection with the development of a 35 MW modular geothermal power plant in Menengai.
- Advising Cold Solutions Services East Africa and Arch Venture Partners in connection with the conclusion of consultancy, logistics, supply and construction arrangements for a first of its kind cold storage facility at Tatu City.
- Advising a sponsor in connection with a proposed first of its kind infrastructure development in Kigali, Rwanda as a part of the Kigali International Financial Centre including, drafting and negotiating the consultancy, supply and construction agreements with various technical service providers for the project, drafting and assisting in the negotiation of a project agreement with the Government of Rwanda (represented by the Rwanda Development Board) and advising in connection with the structuring of the transaction.
- Acting for a private equity infrastructure fund in connection with the acquisition of an equity stake in two road projects being undertaken pursuant to the Kenya Annuity Roads Programme Project.
- Advising Globeleq, a leading independent power producer, in connection with the power purchase arrangements concluded with KPLC in connection with a 40MW Solar Power Plant project in Malindi, Kenya, being developed by Malindi Solar Group.
- Advising Triumph Power Generating Company and the sponsors in connection with the refinance of its debt funding arrangements made available by The Standard Bank of South Africa and Commercial Bank of China for the development, financing, design, construction, operation and management of the 83MW thermal power plant in Athi River, Kenya.
- Advising a sponsor in connection with a joint development arrangements for the development of a 40MW solar power project in Kenya, including undertaking a due diligence on the power purchase and government letter of support arrangements and advising the client in connection with the risks identified and reviewing and advising the client in connection with the joint development arrangements.
- Advising Frontier Energy, the project company and the sponsor of the 50MW Loodariak wind power project in Ngong, Kajiado County, in connection with the development of the project, including negotiating amendments to the power purchase agreement, negotiating and reviewing all financing and security agreements.
- Advising the project company and the sponsors in respect of a development finance facility being made available by Stanbic Kenya for the construction of residential units in Tatu City.
- Advising Berkeley Energy, a renewable energy fund manager investing in Asian and African emerging markets, in connection with the acquisition of energy generating assets in Uganda, including drafting drafting the share purchase agreement and rooftop retail development solar photovoltaic power generation facility arrangements, including drafting the power purchase agreement.
- Advising Metier in connection with arrangements for the joint development of a small hydropower project, located in western Kenya, with Tembo Power, including drafting in connection with the joint development agreement and security arrangements drafting.
41 / 76