Vanessa G. Mungai
Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 (0) 20 364 0000
Vanessa Mungai is an Associate in Anjarwalla & Khanna’s Projects and Infrastructure Department. Vanessa principally advises on legal, contractual and strategic aspects of transactions and projects with a particular focus on energy, natural resources and infrastructure, up-stream petroleum, Public Private Partnership’s (PPPs) and procurement. She is also involved in providing corporate commercial and equity structuring advice for project companies that develop both small scale and large-scale infrastructure and power projects.
- Law Society of Kenya
2020: Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
2019: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2017: Bachelors of Law (LL.B), Strathmore University
2014: Certified Public Accountant (Part I)
Aug 2020 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Feb 2019 – Aug 2020: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Apr 2017 – Dec 2019: Account Executive – Legal and Regulatory Affairs, Oxygène MCL
Apr 2016 – Jun 2016: Legal Intern, The Gallmann Memorial Foundation|Laikipia Nature Conservancy
- Advising Kipeto Energy, the second largest wind power facility in Kenya based at Kajiado, in connection with assisting in providing the master permits lists, requisite approvals and certificates required to construct and operate the wind power project.
- Acting for Kenya Airways, the flag carrier and national airline of Kenya, in connection with its privately initiated investment proposal to the Kenya Airports Authority, including assisting in the legal and regulatory review.
- Advising Frontier Energy the project company and the sponsor of the 50MW Loodariak wind power project in Ngong, Kajiado County in connection with the development of the project, including conducting a high level due diligence on the project agreements, corporate and regulatory issues.
- Advising a client in connection with the implementation and redesign of their hotel management agreement and technical services agreement relating to a trade logistics platform in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Advising an international logistics company in connection with its proposed contract arrangement with Kenya Ports Authority for services in relation to the Port of Mombasa, including advising on public procurement laws.
- Advising a client in connection with reviewing and negotiating their concession agreement with the Republic of Guinea and their power purchase agreements with the Electricity De Guinea.
- Advising El Sewedy Electric, an Egyptian based provider of integrated energy products and services, in connection with the acquisition of a solar project in Kenya including conducting a high level due diligence on the corporate and regulatory issues in relation to the Special Purpose Vehicle.
- Acting for Elicio NV, a Belgian energy producer, internationally active in the renewable energy sector, in connection with providing advice on regulatory approvals, permits and certificates required to and operate the wind power project.
- Advising the Centre for Reproductive Rights, a global legal advocacy organization that seeks to advance reproductive rights, in connection with corporate structuring and regulatory advice relating to the transfer of their businesses to other forms of legal entities, setting up in Kenya and employment advice.
- Advising the World Bank in connection with proposed amendments to the Kenyan legal and regulatory framework relating to procurement and public private partnerships.
- Advising Afriwise, an online platform for legal and business enquiries in Africa, in connection with procurement advice in relation to proposed amendments to the Kenyan legal and regulatory framework relating to public procurement and asset disposal activities.
- African Legal Support Facility, a provider of legal and technical assistance to African countries in the negotiation of commercial transactions, creditor litigation and other related sovereign transactions, in connection preparing the Infrastructure Public-Private Partnerships Level 2 Course Material.
- Assisting clients to apply for various licenses issued by various Governmental Authorities not limited to the Energy Petroleum and Regulatory Authority and the National Construction Authority.
- Providing clients with detailed regulatory advice relating to the construction sector and renewable energy sector.
- Acting for various subsidiaries in connection with their setting up in Kenya, including reviewing the client’s standard employment contracts in line with Kenya’s employment laws.
- Assisting in preparing reviews of the legal framework in Kenya in connection with public procurement, and public private partnerships.
47 / 77