Vipin Jeerakun is a barrister at BLC Robert and is mainly involved in advising on the set-up of investment funds, on regulatory issues and commercial law matters. He forms part of the Financial Services practice and has been involved in the drafting of legal documentation, reviewing foreign law documents and issuing legal advice on corporate matters. Vipin also regularly advises on capital markets matters ranging from international and local securities offerings to listings on the stock exchange of Mauritius.
Vipin has since 2016 been a part-time lecturer at the University of Mauritius and at the Open University of Mauritius.
He was called to the Bar of England & Wales in 2015 at the Honourable society of the Middle Temple and in Mauritius in 2016.
- Honourable Society of Middle Temple
- Mauritius Bar Association
- England & Wales Bar
- LLM at the University of Mauritius
- Bar Professional Training Course at BPP University in London.
- He was called to the Bar of England & Wales in 2015 at the Honourable society of the Middle Temple.
2021- Date: Associate
Sept 2020- 2021: Senior Legal Executive, BLC Robert & Associates
2016- Aug 2020: Legal Executive, BLC Robert & Associates
Awards and Accolades
Leonard Cohen Award (2012)
- Assisted in the set-up of a USD 400 million fund established under the laws of Mauritius with a view to investing in 12-15 mid-sized companies, with an enterprise value of up to USD 150 million, in the education, healthcare, financial services, consumer and SaaS sectors
- Assisted in the establishment of a USD 1 billion Debt Issuance for the issuance of unsecured and unsubordinated Notes.
- Advised a major investment management firm with regards to the restructuring of their fund business with the winding-up of certain funds and with a change in the jurisdiction of part of the investment management business from Mauritius to other jurisdictions.
- Advised a major multi-national firm on the regulatory implications in Mauritius of a global restructuring.
- Advised several international investment banks in connection to their cross-border activities in Mauritius.
- Advised on securities law and capital markets matters in connection to the issuance of various types of fixed income securities.
- Successfully represented several clients before regulators in connection with contentious and non-contentious matters.
15 / 24