Junior Associate | Mesfin Tafesse & Associates
Bole Road, General Seare Makonnen Street, near the European Union Delegation to Ethiopia, Tensae Building, 2nd Floor, Office No. 001
Telephone:+251 11 6 672341 or +251 11 6 672271
Wasyhun Hailemariam is an Associate at Mesfin Tafesse & Associates (MTA). At MTA, Wasyhun particularly focuses on foreign investment, corporate law, intellectual property, local presence facilitation, liquidation, and immigration matters. Wasyhun has advised various clients in their proposed investment in Ethiopia and corporate structuring by providing regulatory opinions and transactional structuring advice.
2021: Master of Laws [LLM] Candidate, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
2018: Bachelor of Laws [LLB], Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Nov 2020 – Date: Associate, Mesfin Tafesse and Associates Law Office
Dec 2019 – Nov 2020: Junior Associate, Mesfin Tafesse and Associates Law Office
Sept 2018- Dec 2019: Law Clerk, Belay Ketema and Associates Law Office
July 2018 – Mar 2019: Socio-Legal Expert Researcher (internship), Ethiopian Lawyers’ Association
Feb 2018 – Jun 2018: Legal Consultant (internship), Ethiopian Lawyers’ Association Legal Aid Centre
- Acting for Yara Dallol in connection with their corporate structuring to establish a local presence in Ethiopia.
- Advising Deloitte Consulting in connection with their entry to the Ethiopian market though a subsidiary company and the establishment of a Project Office.
- Acting for the American Bar Association in connection with the establishment of its liaison office to the African Union.
- Acting for IHS Towers in connection with the establishment of its SPV company in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Luqiao Group in connection with their corporate structuring for Shandong and facilitating the incorporation of its branch company in Ethiopia.
- Advising a client in connection with the corporate structuring for Shandong Hi-Speed Group and facilitated the incorporation of its project office in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Maseb Technology in connection with facilitating the incorporation of a local company focused on software development.
- Acting for IFC as part of the World Bank Group involving high level summary in connection with the collaboration in providing legal due diligence report on the scaling solar program in Ethiopia and land acquisition process in the Afra Reginal State in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Ethiopia China Electric Power Share Company in connection with the incorporation of China Electric Power Equipment and Technology (CET)’s subsidiary company.
- Acting for Zoscales Partners in connection with its proposed investment in fast food chain restaurant in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Zoscales Partners in connection with its investment in Africa Jobs Network’s and facilitating the investment and restructuring, including providing structuring advice.
- Acting for Dexis Consulting Group Project Office Ethiopia in connection with facilitating the registration of and advising on the continuous implementation of its project.
- Acting for Fiber Construction in connection with the incorporation of a local company engaged in the telecom sector.
- Acting for American Bar Association in connection with facilitating business visa, work permit and residence permit for its country representative.
- Acting for Emirates Building Systems in connection with facilitating the incorporation and of the closure of its commercial representative office and labour matters.
- Acting for PagaTech Holdings in connection with trademark registration of Food Concepts and AI Foods Africa.
- Acting for Boeing Company Commercial Representative Office in connection with the negotiation and settlement of an insurance claim.
- Acting for the World Bank group in connection with the preparation of Doing Business Report, 2020.
- Advising Pamela Steel & Associates and Ethiopia Cuttings in connection with changing the general manager of their company.
- Acting for AMEA Development in connection with acquiring a land in Somali Regional State for wind power generation.
- Acting for Kobil Ethiopia in connection with the transfer of the title deeds of its terminals.
- Advising Eleswedy Cables in connection with transferring its leasehold right.
8 / 10