Yehualashet is an Associate at Mesfin Tafesse & Associates (MTA). He is also adjunct lecturer at Addis Ababa University and the author of a book “Ethiopian Bilateral Investment Treaties in a Nutshell: Focusing on its Symmetry”. He advises on real estate, corporate matters, competitional law, project financing, natural resources, and intellectual property. He has conducted various legal opinions and transaction advice in the manufacturing and energy sectors.
2019: LLM in International Trade & Investment Law, University of Pretoria
2017: LLB, Addis Ababa University
Oct 2019 – Date: Mesfin Tafesse& Associates (MTA) Law Office
Mar 2020 – Date: Adjunct Lecture at Addis Ababa University
Jul 2017- Jan 2019: Adjunct Lecturer at St. Mary’s University
Dec 2017- Jan 2019: Biset Beyene &Associates Law Office, Junior Associate
Jun 2017-Nov 2017: HRCO, Junior Monitoring, and Investigation Expert
- Acting for Metag- Ceytu Joint Venture in connection with an international arbitration it has with Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
- Acting for Senselet Food Processing in connection with tax matter with Ethiopian Customs Commission.
- Acting for Jazeerat Al Bon Trading in connection with its coffee export matter.
- Acting for JP Morgan in connection with netting enforcement in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Financial Sector Deeping in connection with its potential investment in Ethiopia.
- Acting for AGP Poultry in connection with poultry feed export business in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Salini in connection with an anti-arbitration injunction order it has with Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
- Acting for CMS Francis in connection with tax issues in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Jeffer Engineering and Techology Company in connection with a transaction with GODA Bottle and Glass Share Company.
- Acting for JMC Projects (India) in Joint Venture with Longjian Road and Bridge Company in connection with Ethiopia- Djibouti Transport Corridor Project Phase I. Design and Build of Adama- Km 60 Expressway.
- Acting for IFC as part of the World Bank Group in connection with carrying out a legal due diligence on Ethiopian competition law, environmental law, and intellectual property law relevant to the Scaling Solar Program Round Two in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Blue- Bird in connection with ongoing court and arbitration proceedings it has with Ada Food Complex Share Company.
- Acting for World Bank Group in connection with Doing Business 2021 on Protection of Minority Shareholders in Ethiopia.
- Acting for the World Bank on Public Private Partnership survey.
- Acting for the World Bank Group Survey in connection with the impediment to service Integration.
- Acting for Rockstone Real Estate Ethiopia in connection with its real estate business.
- Assisting MTN in connection with the possibility of commercial representative office in Ethiopia.
5 / 10