Chief Associate | ALN Rwanda | K-Solutions & Partners
KG 501ST, 8, Kabare, Kamatamu, Kacyiru, Gasabo, Kigali City, Rwanda
PO Box: 4062 Kigali, Rwanda
Telephone:+250 (0) 727 000 973
Yves is a Chief Associate at K-Solutions & Partners and mainly focuses on intellectual property, corporate, commercial and investment transactions. Before joining K-Solutions & Partners, he served in various positions such as State Attorney/Strategic investment Legal Analyst and Deputy Registrar General of Companies with Rwanda Development Board as well as in central government under the Prime Minister’s Office as Legal Advisor to the Cabinet Secretariat and local Government as Labour inspector and Public Notary at the District level.
Yves is a Senior Advocate at K-Solutions & Partners, a Member of the Rwanda Bar Association and the East Africa Law Society with vast experience of more than 15 years in business law practice that covers company incorporation, corporate governance, insolvency administration, receivership, collateral management, contract and legal instrument drafting, negotiation and management, PPP, public procurement, intellectual property law, labour law and litigation.
- Member of the Rwanda Bar Association/RBA.
- Member of the East African Law Society/EALS.
- Registered and Certified Arbitrator by Kigali International Arbitration Center (KIAC).
- Registered and Certified Insolvency Practitioner by the Office of the Registrar General/RDB.
- Member of the National Independent Review Panel of Public Procurement.
- Member of the Executive Committee of AS KIGALI FOOTBALL CLUB.
- Non-Executive Director, Business Partners International (Rwanda).
- Former Non-Executive Director of the Micro Finance COPEDU (2013-2016).
- Former Member of the Audit Committee of the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) (2012-2013).
- M, University of Limoges, France
- Graduate degree in Law, Kigali Independent University
- International Diploma in Governance, Risk and Compliance with International Compliance Association (ICA-UK).
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Institute of Legal Practice and Development, Rwanda
- The World Bank CP3P (certified PPP professional) Foundation certificate.
- CIArb certificate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Call to the Bar, Kigali Bar Association
- Bar Professional Training Certificate (CAPA), Rwanda Bar Association
- Advanced International Certificate in Intellectual Property Asset Management for Business Success
- Certificate in insolvency administration (Mbabane, eSwatini 2011) and certification in insolvency administration organised by INSOL International and World Bank Group (Kigali, Rwanda 2019).
- Certificate on Corporate Governance Course
- ALN Mini MBA Course Certification
- Specialised course in the Madrid System for the International registration of Marks by WIPO
2017 – Date: Chief Associate, K-Solutions& Partners
2017 – 2020: Senior Associate, K-Solutions& Partners
2017- Date: Part-time Trainer at the Institute of Legal Practice and Development (ILPD)
2016 – 2017: State Attorney/ Strategic Investment Analyst, Rwanda Development Board (RDB)
2010: Deputy Registrar, Rwanda Development Board (RDB)
2008: Director of Business Registration, Rwanda Commercial Registration Service Agency (RCRSA), Kigali
2006: Legal Advisor to the Cabinet Secretariat in the Prime Minister’s Office, Kigali
2006: Labour inspector and Public Notary at the District level, GAKENKE District
5 / 9