Yves is a Principal Associate at K-Solutions & Partners and focuses mainly on Intellectual Property, corporate, commercial and Investment transactions. Before joining K-Solutions & Partners, he served in various positions such as State Attorney/Strategic investment Legal Analyst and Deputy Registrar General of Companies with Rwanda Development Board as well as in central government under the Prime Minister’s Office as Legal Advisor to the Cabinet Secretariat and local Government as Labour inspector and Public Notary at the District level.
Yves is a member of the Rwanda Bar Association and the East Africa Law Society with vast experience of more than 15 years in business law practice that covers company incorporation, corporate governance, insolvency administration, receivership, collateral management, contract and legal instrument drafting, negotiation and management, PPP, Public Procurement, intellectual property law, labour law and litigation.
- Member of the Rwanda Bar Association (RBA).
- Member of the East African Law Society (EALS).
- Registered and Certified Arbitrator by Kigali International Arbitration Center (KIAC).
- Registered and Certified Insolvency Practitioner by the Office of the Registrar General (RDB).
- Member of the National Independent Review Panel of Public Procurement.
- Member of the Executive Committee of AS KIGALI FOOTBALL CLUB.
- Non-Executive Director, Business Partners International (Rwanda).
- Former Non- Executive Director of the Micro Finance COPEDU Ltd (2013-2016).
- Former Member of the Audit Committee of the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) (2012-2013).
2017: Diploma in Legal Practice, Institute of Legal Practice and Development, Rwanda
2008: Master’s degree in Law (LL.M), University of Limoges, France
2004: Bachelor’s degree in Law (LL.B), Kigali Independent University
2017 – Date: Senior Associate, K-Solutions& Partners
2017- Date: Part-time Trainer at the Institute of Legal Practice and Development (ILPD)
2016 – 2017: State Attorney/ Strategic Investment Analyst, Rwanda Development Board (RDB)
2010: Deputy Registrar, Rwanda Development Board (RDB)
2008: Director of Business Registration, Rwanda Commercial Registration Service Agency (RCRSA), Kigali
2006: Legal Advisor to the Cabinet Secretariat in the Prime Minister’s Office, Kigali
2006: Labour inspector and Public Notary at the District level, GAKENKE District
6 / 7