Yvonne Wanza Muthembwa
Principal Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 20 364 0000
Yvonne Wanza is a Principal Associate in Anjarwalla & Khanna’s Corporate department.
Yvonne principally advises on corporate and commercial law, competition law, employment law, insurance law, capital markets and corporate governance.
- Law Society of Kenya
2017: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2014: Bachelors of Law (LL.B, First Class Honours), Strathmore University
Apr 2022 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Mar 2020 – Dec 2020 Legal Counsel (Secondee), Swvl, Nairobi
Aug 2018 – Mar 2022: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Jun 2016 – Jun 2018: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
- Assisting with competition notifications to the Competition Authority of Kenya and the COMESA Competition Commission in connection with the proposed acquisition of 100% of the shares in Engen International holdings (Mauritius) from Engen Holding by Vivo Energy Holdings.
- Assisting with the competition notification to the COMESA Competition Commission in connection with the proposed acquisition of 100% of the shares in Tigo Rwanda from Millicom International Cellular S.A. by Airtel Rwanda.
- Acting for SBM Africa Holdings, a commercial bank in Kenya, in connection with the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Fidelity Commercial Bank.
- Acting Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. in connection with providing employment advice on the Kenyan legal framework on the transfer of employees during a share sale.
- Acting for Baker & McKenzie South Africa in connection with providing employment advice on the legality of restraint of trade clauses under Kenyan law.
- Advising the International Planned Parenthood Foundation, a global non-governmental organisation with the broad aims of promoting sexual and reproductive health, in connection with employment matters.
- Advising SOS Children’s Village international, an independent, non-governmental, nonprofit international development organization, in connection with employment matters.
- Acting for Kenya Airways PLC in connection with the Privately Initiated Investment Proposal to the Kenya Airports Authority, including employment advice.
44 / 69