Yvonne Wanza Muthembwa
Principal Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 20 364 0000
Yvonne is a Principal Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the Corporate and Commercial department. She focuses on corporate and commercial law, competition law, employment law, insurance law, capital markets and corporate governance.
- Law Society of Kenya
2017: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2014: Bachelors of Law (LL.B, First Class Honours), Strathmore University
Apr 2022 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Mar 2020 – Dec 2020: Legal Counsel (Secondee), Swvl, Nairobi
Aug 2018 – Mar 2022: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Jun 2016 – Jun 2018: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
- Acting for Helios Investment Partners, one of the largest emerging markets-focused private equity firm, in connection with the USD 50 million acquisition of a majority stake in IXAfrica Data Centre Limited
- Acting for ShoreCap III, an investment vehicle of Equator Capital Partners, a fund management company overseeing multiple funds, in connection with its USD 5 million subscription for 20% of the issued share capital of Credit Bank.
- Acting for LOLC Mauritius Holdings, an investment vehicle of the LOLC Group, a Sri Lankan diversified conglomerate with investments in financial and non-financial entities across the world, in connection with its USD 1.6 billion investment in financial institutions based in Kenya and Tanzania
- Acting for Muthu Africa Holdings, an investment vehicle of the MGM Muthu Hotel Group which is one of Europe’s leading leisure groups with resorts around the world, in connection with its acquisition of the hotels and hot air balloons operations of the Sun Africa Hotels Group, one of the fastest emerging hotel chains in Kenya.
- Acting for Holmarcom Africa Financial Services in connection with its acquisition of 51% of the share capital and voting rights of the Monarch Insurance Company.
- Acting for Emurgo Ventures in connection with its acquisition of a controlling stake in Ada Lab, a venture and incubation studio focused on developing startups across Africa and the rest of the world as well as driving knowledge acquisition and technology as a service for business growth.
- Acting for Saint-Gobain Development East Africa in connection with the acquisition of some of the assets of Kens Metal Industries, a supplier and manufacturer of engineering materials, special types of steel and gypsum-based products.
- Acting for SBM Africa Holdings in connection with the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Fidelity Commercial Bank.
- Acting for SWVL NBO in connection with legal compliance requirements.
- Assisting with competition notifications to the Competition Authority of Kenya and the COMESA Competition Commission in connection with the proposed acquisition of 100% of the shares in Engen International holdings (Mauritius) from Engen Holding by Vivo Energy Holdings.
- Acting for the COMESA Competition Commission in connection with the competition notification to the proposed acquisition of 100% of the shares in Tigo Rwanda from Millicom International Cellular S.A. by Airtel Rwanda.
- Acting Baker & McKenzie Amsterdam N.V. in connection with providing employment advice on the Kenyan legal framework on the transfer of employees during a share sale.
- Acting for Baker & McKenzie South Africa in connection with providing employment advice on the legality of restraint of trade clauses under Kenyan law.
- Acting for the International Planned Parenthood Foundation in providing employment advice.
- Acting for SOS Children’s Village international, in providing employment advice.
40 / 75