Zillah W. Moka
Principal Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 41 223 0262/3
Zillah W. Moka is a Principal Associate in the Dispute Resolution department. She has represented local and international clients in disputes involving commercial litigation, maritime, employment, environment and real estate, medical negligence and insurance law.
Prior to joining Anjarwalla & Khanna Zillah worked at Hamilton Harrison & Mathews in July 2018.
2016: Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
2014: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2013: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B, Second Class Honours (Upper Division)) Moi University
Jan 2021 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna Advocates
Jul 2018 – Dec 2020: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna Advocates
Jun 2016 – Jun 2018: Associate, Hamilton Harrison & Mathews
Jan 2016 – Apr 2016: Associate, Miller & Company Advocates
Oct 2015 – Dec 2015: Trainee Lawyer, Miller & Company Advocates
- Acting for and successfully defending a multinational shipping line in connection with an injunction application brought by a clearing and forwarding agent to prevent the shipping line from exercising its right of lien over the containers as a result of outstanding demurrage charges.
- Acting for a local building, construction and engineering company in connection with an application seeking a mandatory injunction compelling the company to remit trade union dues for 547 employees.
- Acting for a radiology and imaging specialist in connection with a suit on medical negligence brought by a patient.
- Acting and successfully defending a multinational shipping line in connection with contempt of court proceedings.
- Acting for a commercial bank in connection with several matters surrounding the recovery over KES 700 million advanced to a real estate and construction company.
- Acting for a British multinational consumer goods company in connection with an unlawful termination claim brought by an employee of a staff outsourcing company.
- Acting for a multinational Global 500 Security Services company in connection with a constitutional petition brought by its employee.
- Acting and successfully defending a corporation charged with mandate of extending the pace of electrification in the rural areas in connection with a dispute arising from construction of in electricity line and installation of transformers.
- Acting for a Fortune Global 500 company dealing with global civil engineering and construction projects in the Court of Appeal in connection with an application seeking stay of proceedings in the High Court.
- Acting and successfully defending a corporation dealing with electricity transmission and distribution of electricity in connection with an application for trespass brought by a land owner.
40 / 68