Partner | ALN UAE | Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota
Saaha Offices - Block C Office n. 501A The Palace Downtown
P. O. Box 58553, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone:+971 4 4529091
Devvrat is a Partner at ALN UAE | Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota. He has been practising law for over 10 years and regularly advises HNIs, UHNIs and family-owned businesses on succession planning, next generational transfer of wealth and corporate governance matters. Devvrat also advises corporate entities on all aspects of corporate law including new business set ups, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and shareholder related matters (including dispute resolution). He has advised investors and companies within the banking and trading industries, among others, on corporate commercial transactions within jurisdictions such as UAE, India and various African countries (including Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda).
Devvrat has been ranked in the High Net Worth Guide for 2021 and 2022 of Chambers and Partners for Private Wealth Law – Kenya (Expertise Based Abroad). He has also been recognized as a Rising Leader by the Private Client Global Elite directory for 2021 and 2022.
He is an advocate of the High Courts of India, member of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa and a registered Legal Consultant with the Dubai Ruler’s Court. He holds a Bachelor of Legal Sciences (B.L.S), and a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) from Government Law College, University of Mumbai.
- Advocate, High Courts of India
- Registered as a Legal Consultant with the Dubai Ruler’s Court
- Member, Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Affiliate Member, STEP Arabia
- Bachelor of Legal Sciences, University of Mumbai, India
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Mumbai, India
2023 – Date: Partner, Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota Legal Consultants, Dubai, UAE
2018 – 2022: Senior Associate, Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota Legal Consultants, Dubai, UAE
2014 – 2017: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla Collins & Haidermota Legal Consultants, Dubai, UAE
2012 – 2014: Associate, Desai & Diwanji, Mumbai, India
- Acting for a client in the manufacturing and industrial sector in connection with his wealth and succession planning matters, including establishing new purpose trust structures in the Cayman Islands; amending existing trust structures in Guernsey and Switzerland; drafting of complex wills in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and the United States of America; and structuring ownership of property investments in the United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.
- Acting for a family in the manufacturing and industrial sector in connection with their wealth and succession planning matters, including advising on UK wills and bank accounts, risks of Sharia’h in the UAE and the application of forced heirship rights in the UAE and Ethiopia.
- Acting for a wealthy individual in the international oil and gas industry in connection with the individual’s offshore wealth and succession planning matters, including obtaining tax advice, establishing two offshore trusts for the client’s assets, and advising on changes in the client’s tax residency, including the creation of clean capital trusts.
- Acting for a wealthy individual in connection with establishing a Foundation with RAK ICC to hold assets in the UAE and for the income generated to be distributed to charities selected by the council of members.
- Advising a wealthy family that has a diversified portfolio comprising pharmaceutical manufacturing, cosmetics and plastics manufacturing, food and beverages, insurance brokerage and real estate investments in connection with the restructuring of their existing shareholding and the family’s succession planning and corporate governance plans.
- Acting for and advising the UAE affiliate of an Irish diversified business group in connection with the sale of the entire shareholding in one of the leading document storage and management service providers in the UAE to a company listed on the New York Stock Exchange and its subsidiaries.
- Acting as lead counsel for a Ugandan based client in relation to a joint venture in Rwanda including drafting and negotiating the Shareholders’ Agreement and other transaction documents, incorporation of the joint venture vehicle, procurement of relevant corporate approvals and completion of post transaction formalities.
- Advising and acting for an African based conglomerate on various corporate matters in relation to their new business activities. Work undertaken includes preparation of shareholder agreements, share subscription agreements, advice on UAE employment law issues and preparation of employment contracts.
- Advising Fedha Group, one of Kenya’s leading real estate developers, in the negotiation of hotel management and brand licensing contracts with Minor Hotels for the proposed Avani Nairobi Suites at Westlands, Nairobi.
- Acting for a Kenya based client in relation to the restructuring of his shareholdings in various companies. Work undertaken included drafting of share purchase agreements, share swap agreements, loan notes and the necessary resolutions.
3 / 5