Ernest is a Partner with the Firm and he is part of the Firm’s litigation team. He specialises in corporate debt recovery including handling the related litigation, and in this regard has handled matters for several banks and corporate entities.
Ernest also advises on employment, land transactions and product liability issues. In addition, he handles company secretarial matters and acts as company secretary to a number of companies.
Ernest is a practicing Advocate of the High Court and a member of the Uganda Law Society and the East African Law Society. In 2010 Ernest was seconded to Stephenson Harwood, LL.P and Essex Court Chambers in London.
- Uganda Law Society
- East African Law Society
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre (Uganda)
- LL.B, Makerere University
2009 – Date: Partner, MMAKS Advocates
2006 -2008: Senior Associate, MMAKS Advocates
2005 – 2006: Associate, Mugerwa & Masembe Advocates
- Handling a recovery of USD 4 million for two banks. The recovery involved various suits both in the Land Division and the Commercial Divisions of the High Court contesting the recovery process.
- Handing a recovery of USD 7 million for an international bank against a flower growing and exporting company.
- Advising on an employment dispute involving the immigration status of an employee.
- Acting in an arbitration involving an association of three Italian road construction supervision companies and a UK registered recruiter. The value of subject matter is in excess of 500,000 Euros.
2 / 22