Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 20 364 0000, +254 703 032 000
Faith Siteyia is an Associate with Anjarwalla & Khanna in the Tax department.
Faith routinely advises clients on corporate structuring, cross border investments, energy and infrastructure projects, as well as personal tax planning. Faith also assists clients in tax due diligence matters as well as tax compliance and tax health check reviews. She is also involved in assisting clients on tax dispute matters with the Kenya Revenue Authority.
Faith is a lawyer awaiting admission become and Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, she is a qualified certified public accountant.
2019: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), University of Nairobi
2015: Certified Public Accountant
July 2022 to Date: Tax Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna
May 2020 to June 2022: Tax Consultant, Viva Africa Consulting LLP
Jan 2018 to Dec April 2020: Audit Associate, PKF Kenya
- Advising an international investor in connection with structuring investments in agricultural land in Kenya, setting up in Kenya as well as the financing options available to them and how to safeguard their investment.
- Advising a Seller in a Share Purchase Agreement in connection with the tax warranties and indemnities to be given to the Buyers.
- Advising a multinational alternative energy provider in connection with the various tax implications of structuring an EPC solar project in Ethiopia, the UAE and Delaware.Advising various clients on foreign direct investments and setting up operations in Kenya through various investment vehicles and the tax implications of the various investments, including setting up in a Special Economic Zone and an Export Processing Zone. Advising various clients in connection with the tax considerations of corporate and commercial acquisitions and reorganisations in Kenya and East Africa
- Acting for a large tobacco processor in connection with a tax dispute between its Kenyan subsidiary and the Kenya Revenue Authority of approximately USD 10 million relating to excise duty assessment.
- Assisting a real estate developer in connection with a tax audit which the Kenya Revenue Authority on their operations as well as objecting to the assessment raised by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Conducting a tax health check on a large pharmaceutical company in Kenya and quantifying the resulting tax exposure.
- Conducting a tax due diligence on a group of hotels in Kenya and Tanzania which were being acquired by an investment Fund and advising on the most appropriate way to address the tax exposure.
- Conducting tax health checks on various clients in various sectors such as financial, professional and manufacturing sectors and assisting the clients to apply for and obtain a full waiver of penalties and interest under the voluntary tax disclosure program in Kenya.
70 / 76