Georgina Atieno Amayo
Principal Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
PO Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 (0) 20 364 0000
Georgina is a Principal Associate with Anjarwalla & Khanna’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution department in Nairobi. She advises and represents clients on a wide array of commercial and civil matters.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Law Society of Kenya
2016: LLM in International Law and Development, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
2014: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2012: Bachelor of Laws, (2nd Class Honours – Upper Division), Kenyatta University School of Law
Jan 2021 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna Advocates
Nov 2017 – Dec 2020: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna Advocates
May 2017 – Oct 2017: Legal Intern, Anjarwalla & Khanna Advocates
Feb 2016 – Mar 2016: Research Assistant, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
Dec 2014 – Sept 2015: Associate, Aming’a, Opiyo, Masese & Co. Advocates
Jan 2014 – Nov 2014: Trainee Advocate, Aming’a, Opiyo, Masese & Co. Advocates
Feb 2012 – May 2012: Legal Intern, Communications Authority of Kenya
Mar 2011 – Jan 2012: Legal Intern, Aming’a, Opiyo, Masese & Co. Advocates
- Acting for a leading privately owned security services company offering security services in connection with a post-acquisition dispute filed before a tribunal appointed by the London Court of International Arbitration in relation to an indemnity claim arising from a dispute pertaining to the terms of a Collective Bargaining Agreement entered into between the company and a union.
- Successfully acting for a betting company against KRA in connection with a complex, political, landmark and high-value dispute in five (5) different forums, calling for a well-coordinated team and thought-out strategy, the outcome of which affected the entire betting industry. For the first time in Kenya, the Tax Appeals Tribunal clarified the law on what makes up winnings under the Income Tax Act, Chapter 407, of the Laws of Kenya
- Successfully acted for leading telecommunication providers before the Competition Tribunal in relation to an application for the review of merger conditions that had been imposed by the Competition Authority of Kenya as part of its approval to a proposed merger. This was the first merger review application that had been filed before the Competition Tribunal against a decision of the Competition Authority of Kenya since its establishment.
- Acted for an international radiation oncology treatments and software maker in relation to a tender dispute before the Public Procurement Administrative Review Board.
- Advising and acting for a multinational company before the Employment and Labour Relations Court in various employment claims that were filed by its former employees who were terminated from employment following a high-level investigation that revealed that the employees were involved in a massive fraudulent scheme that occasioned heavy financial loss to the company.
- Acting for and advising a large multinational company in the agricultural and manufacturing industry in connection with an employment dispute in Nyeri.
- Advising and acting for a leading international non-governmental organisation in relation to an employment dispute involving its former senior management.
- Assisted in representing GC Retail in relation to seeking re-entry into its premises at Garden City Mall, Nairobi which had been leased to Nakumatt Holdings.
28 / 77