Imaobong is a Partner in the firm’s Lagos office. She specialises in commercial litigation and arbitration with a focus on oil and gas, banking, finance capital markets and insurance. She has extensive experience representing clients both in litigation and arbitration proceedings, including arbitrations before the International Court of Arbitration. She also regularly renders advice on a wide range of commercial transactions, including transactions in the oil and gas and finance sectors.
- Nigerian Bar Association
2006: Nigeria Bar Association
2005: LLB. Hons, University of Calabar
2011 – DATE: Associate, Senior Associate, Partner, Aluko & Oyebode
2015-2015: Addleshaw Goddard LLP, London (on Secondment)
Litigation & Arbitration
- Representing a consortium of lenders in connection with two ICC arbitration claims for breach of contract against an oil company.
- Representing two international oil companies in connection with a claim at the High Court in relation to an alleged breach of an agreement for the acquisition of an interest in oil assets.
- Successfully representing a multinational oil company at the Supreme Court in connection with a dispute relating to a claim for interest in oil concessions.
- Successfully representing an indigenous oil company in ICC arbitration proceedings in connection with a breach of an agreement for the construction of crude oil handling facilities.
- Representing a multinational oil company in connection with adhoc arbitration proceedings relating to the breach of a contract for offshore drilling services.
- Representing a multinational oil company in connection with several disputes where claims have been made for damages resulting from oil spills.
- Representing a multinational oil company in connection with a winding-up proceedings initiated by a contributory.
- Successfully representing an FMCG company in connection with an adhoc arbitration proceedings relating to the breach of a distribution agreement.
- Successfully representing an international bank in connection with a claim for statutory contributions.
- Representing a multinational software company in connection with employment related claims at the National Industrial Court.
20 / 20