Director | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 (0) 20 364 0000
Jeremy is an investigations, governance, risk and compliance specialist with more than 15 years of experience. He has served as project lead on numerous compliance and investigation engagements in the East, South and West African regions, the Caribbean, and the US. He has successfully advised organisations in addressing complex matters on risk management, internal audits, external audits, process and internal control reviews, due diligence assignments and sustainability reporting, among others.
Jeremy holds a Master of Science degree in Corporate Finance, Bachelor’s degree in Business and Management (Accounting) and is a Certified Public Accountant.
- Instituted of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
2016: Master of Science in Corporate Finance, University of Liverpool, UK
2003: Bachelor of Business and Management (Accounting)
2003: Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA)
Jan 2023 – Date: Director, A&K Forensics LLP
Jun 2018 – Dec 2022: Senior Manager, A&K Forensics LLP
Sept 2016 – Oct 2018: Manager, Risk Advisory, Deloitte East Africa
Jan 2010 – Jul 2016: Senior Fund Accountant and Manager, UBS Fund Services (Cayman) Limited
Aug 2008 – Nov 2009: Business Analyst, HSBC Group, Cayman Islands
Dec 2006 – Jul 2008: Audit Senior, Deloitte Cayman Islands
Sept 2003 – Nov 2006: Audit Assistant and Audit Senior, Deloitte East Africa
- Acting for the head office of a mid-tier investment management organization in East Africa in connection with a special investigation into allegations of pilferage of funds made in an internal audit report, including the review of various transactions and investment account reconciliations with the aim of determining the volume of funds misappropriated.
- Acting for the head office of a mid-tier manufacturing firm in Kenya in connection with a forensic investigation of its supplier on-boarding and tendering process, including the assessment of the adequacy of internal controls during payment of suppliers for goods/ services purchased.
- Acting for several International Non-Governmental Organization (INGOs) on various investigation assignments across Africa relating to allegations of fraud, misappropriation of funds and sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment among others.
- Leading assignments in the areas of enterprise risk management, risk based internal audits, process and control reviews, project audits, quality assurance reviews (QARs), forensic investigations and anti-money laundering services across industries such as public sector, financial services, NGOs and manufacturing, for a variety of clients in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
- Training and presenting in events on various topics, including risk management, building effective compliance programmes, fraud risk management, anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism, anti-bribery and corruption.
*Some matters predate A&K
35 / 75