Satyanraj Ramdoo is a Senior Associate at BLC Robert & Associates since 2012, and advises primarily on mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and business law matters. He also regularly advises on tax, data protection, and regulatory & compliance matters. In addition, he forms part of the intellectual property desk at BLC Robert and provides support on banking & finance transactions.
Satyan is heavily involved in drafting and reviewing legal documentation. He focuses on breaking down transaction complexity to provide solution-driven and sound advice to clients. He is also called upon to conduct extensive legal due diligence exercises on Mauritian entities for investors. Satyan has previously acted for an international network of private equity firms making infrastructure investments throughout various African jurisdictions, including Mauritius. He has also assisted in the corporate and transactional aspects of an amalgamation of Mauritian entities of a US multiple-industry services and solutions group of companies.
Satyan acts for various private local and foreign companies and investors acquiring stake in Mauritian companies. His recent highlights include advising a French project company on its investment in a major hotel and hospitality group in Mauritius, advising a major local bank on its acquisition of a hotel in Mauritius, and advising TOTAL S.A.S and TOTAL E&P MOZAMBIQUE AREA 1, LIMITADA on the Mauritian law aspects of the project financing for the establishment of a liquefied natural gas project in Mozambique (known as the Mozambique Area 1 LNG Project).
- Mauritius Bar Association
- Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
2010: Bar Vocational Course – University of West England
2008: LLB Hons. – Oxford Brookes University
2022 – Date: Senior Associate, BLC Robert
2019 – 2021: Associate, BLC Robert
2017 – 2018: Senior Legal Executive, BLC Robert
2015 – 2016: Legal Executive, BLC Robert
2012 – 2014: Junior Legal Executive, BLC Chambers
- Currently advising LOLC Holdings, the largest Sri Lankan conglomerate in connection with its proposed acquistion of a hotel in Mauritius.
- Currently advising a renewable energy, power engineering and construction investment company in connection with corporate restructuring and tax matters in Mauritius.
- Currently advising the second largest business group in Mauritius on an internal restructuring in connection with the sale of its medical laboratory business in Mauritius.
- Currently advising a Nigerian power company that finances and develops African power projects in connection with its corporate restructuring and regulatory matters as regards recent amendments to the ‘global business’ sector in Mauritius.
- Currently advising an American social media and social networking company in connection with its data protection obligations in Mauritius.
- Currently advising a global investment bank on regulatory & compliance matters with in connection to trading precious metals in Mauritius.
- Recently advised TOTAL S.A.S and TOTAL E&P MOZAMBIQUE AREA 1 in connection to the Mauritian law aspects of the project financing for the establishment of the first natural liquefied natural gas project in Mozambique (known as the Mozambique Area 1 LNG Project).
- Recently advised a diversified agricultural conglomerate in connection to data transfer impact assessments in Mauritius.
- Recently advised a Tunisian-based private euity firm in connection to its employee share scheme arrangements in Mauritius.
- Recently advised a renewable energy fund manager in connection to its investment in a Mauritian company holding stake in Malagasy project companies running power projects.
- Advised a leading South African video entertainment company in connection to the merger of its Mauritian subsidiary with a Luxembourg company.
- Advised the Mauritius Commercial Bank on its acquisition of Club Med Pointes aux Cannoniers, a hotel, in Mauritius.
- Advised and assisted a French project company in its MUR 1.865 billion investment in a major hotel and hospitality group in Mauritius.
9 / 24