Amiri is an Associate at ALN Tanzania | A&K Tanzania having joined the firm in 2022 as an Intern. He rose through the ranks and was recently promoted to an Associate. Before joining the firm, Amiri was a Business Law, Business and Management, Information and Communication Technology, and Business Communication Skills Tutor with DSM CPA Review Center. Amiri’s practice focuses on corporate, real estate, personal data protection and intellectual property.
- Tanganyika Law Society
- East African Law Society
2020: Postgraduate Diploma, Law School Tanzania
2018: LL. B, Mzumbe University, Morogoro
Apr 2023 – Date: Associate, A&K Tanzania
May – Apr 2023: Trainee Lawyer, A&K Tanzania
Feb – May 2022: Intern, A&K Tanzania
2020-2022: Tutor, DSM CPA Review Center
- Acting for Tile Adhesive in connection with the legal and regulatory landscape of employment and immigration law in Tanzania.
- Acting for AIRbnb in connection with providing legal opinion on the implementation of its ambassadorship program and inquired on whether it would trigger any employment relationship issues.
- Acting for Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in connection with conducting general Human Resource Audit (HR Audit).
- Acting for Mastercard in connection with the general data protection provisions as contained in the Personal Data Protection Act, 2022.
- Acting for WASSHA Plus, a company in energy sector, in connection with the applicability of the Minimum Wage Orders, 2022.
- Acting for Scania Group in connection with the local content requirements applicable to banking services provided to the Companies involved in mining.
- Acting for a client in connection with the laws governing drug testing to the employees in Tanzania.
- Acting for Liquid Intelligent Technologies (formerly Raha) in connection with drafting and reviewing various employment related documents.
- Acting for Citibank Tanzania in connection with gap analysis on all Acts of Parliament, regulations and case laws including on labour matters.
- Acting for Carnicaza, a meat processing company in connection with undertaking a comprehensive real estate due diligence in relation to their real estate transactions.
- Acting for Premier Apartment, KIOO and Das Holding in connection with drafting property purchase agreements.
- Acting for Standard Bank Mauritius, Standard Bank South Africa, Nedbank, ING Bank and AlmaVest in connection with drafted security documents.
- Acting for Wasco Isoaf Tanzania in connection with the provision of the loan to a shareholder.
- Acting for EBANX in connection with the operations of electronic payments in Tanzania.
- Acting for Hogan Lovells in connection with undertaking mining related searches for 13 licenses.
- Acting for Seriti Green and Windlab East Africa in connection with undertaking merger applications.
- Acting for Apple in connection with the laws regulating Digital Codes in Tanzania.
- Acting for Apple in connection with the regulations applicable to its online content.
- Acting for Finserve in connection with providing legal and regulatory opinion for its payment services to be offered in the country.
- Acting for a client in connection with real estate transactions, including due diligence on its properties and rendering advice on the procedures to obtain a lost certificate of title.
- Acting for Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition, an international NGO in connection with creating its NIS Account and complying with the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Acting for Olam Agri Holdings in connection with crop purchase transactions in Tanzania.
- Acting for Google in connection with circumvention of technology services.
- Acting for from Standard Bank Mauritius Standard Bank South Africa and Nedbank in connection with reviewing legal documents, credit loan facility agreements and employment contracts from Raha and Barrick Gold.
- Acting for Rand Refinery in connection with the mining regulations relating to the incentives for the minerals refined in Tanzania.
- Acting for Aceli Africa and Garda World in connection with registration of trademarks and service marks.
- Acting for Mkopa Tanzania in connection with their liquidation processes.
8 / 9