Associate | ALN Tanzania | A&K Tanzania
The Address, Ground Floor, 1 Bains Singh Avenue, Msasani Peninsula, Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania
P. O. Box 79651 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Telephone:+255 22 260 1151/2
+255 (0) 74 281 8389
Bupe is an Associate at ALN Tanzania | A&K Tanzania having joined the firm in 2021. Bupe had previously worked at Dentons EALC East African Law Chambers from the year 2017 to March 2021. Bupe’s areas of focus are corporate law, employment law, contract law, intellectual property, banking and finance and probate matters in which she serves both as legal counsel and advisor. Bupe’s focus has been largely on providing advice to various clients on different compliance matters.
- The Tanganyika Law Society
- The East African Law Society
2017: Postgraduate Diploma, Law School Tanzania
2014: L.L.B, University of Iringa (UOI), formerly Tumaini University
Apr 2021 – Date: Associate, A&K Tanzania
Jul 2017 – Mar 2021: Associate, Dentons Ealc East African Law Chambers
Aug 2016 – Jul 2017: Human Resource Officer at Hantim International Company Limited
Mar 2016 – Apr 2016: Intern, C&F Law Office
Jan 2016 – Feb 2016: Intern, Kinondoni District Court
Sept 2013: Intern, BraveHill Attorneys
- Acting for JP Morgan Chase in connection with a USD 420 million notes/bond and USD 42 million revolving credit facility, including reviewing of core documents comprising the English law offering memorandum, revolving credit facility, guarantees, proceeds loans agreements and assignment agreements and undertaking legal due diligence on MIC Tanzania which is a subsidiary of Axian Telecom in Tanzania providing guarantees to Axian for purposes of securing Axian Telecom’s obligations under the notes/indenture and the revolving credit facility, confirmation on capacity to enter into the guarantees and proceeds loans agreement.
- Acting for Standard Bank of South Africa, a South African bank and financial services group, in connection with facilities of USD 20 million provided to Jumo World Group, a mobile financial services platform for mobile network operators and banks, secured by share pledges of Jumo World in its subsidiaries in Tanzania (Jumo Tanzania and Jumo Tanzania Services) and advising on an on-going facility restructuring of Jumo group.
- Acting for Deutsche Bank AG, Amsterdam Branch, a bank established under the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, through its branch office, in connection with an uncommitted facility of USD 2.8 billion provided to Trafigura (Singapore) for Base metals and ferrous metals.
- Acting for Proparco in connection with an unsecured loan of USD 50 million to CRDB Bank, a commercial bank in Tanzania, to support its lending activities in the country, including reviewing the facility agreement to ensure compliance with local laws and practice, conducting a limited due diligence on the borrower to confirm (among other things) borrowing powers and restrictions which would affect the facility, and issuing capacity, validity, and enforcement opinions concerning the borrower, lender, and entry into the facility agreement.
- Advising DAYTONA Technologies in connection with regulatory requirements with regards to the provisions of online payment services in Tanzania.
- Advising Local in connection with regulatory requirements with regards to the provisions of online payment services in Tanzania.
- Assisting Standard Bank (Mauritius) in connection with facilities to Capital Drilling – secured by share pledges by its subsidiary companies in Tanzania and pledge and assignment over a contract with respect to services to a mining company in Tanzania.
- Participating in the World Bank’s Global Project in connection with Corporate Debt Restructuring Questionnaire, including undertaking extensive research on domestic legislations and policies regarding Insolvency and Restructuring during the global pandemic.
- Acting for a SFC Finance, the lender, in connection with a loan facility of USD 4 million to a Tanzanian entity, including reviewing relevant security documents to smoothen the recovery process.
- Advising an International mining company in connection with a mining license ownership and the regulatory framework for mining licensees.
- Assisted international companies in connection with merger transactions and obtaining merger clearance for the transaction.
- Assisting a confidential international company in connection with product distribution in Tanzania and due diligence of local assets.
- Advising various local companies on corporate and compliance matters while operating in Tanzania.
- Advising a Ugandan company in connection with financial leasing business of motorcycles including the legal and regulatory environment in Tanzania.
- Assisting in the transactional legal advisor for share acquisition in an international telecommunication company doing business in Tanzania.
- Registering Trademarks for various Companies with the Business Registration and Licencing Agency.
- Representing various international organizations, including Nokia Solutions and Networks Tanzania in connection with employment cases arising from retrenchment.
- Representing various Tanzanian banks in various litigation matters on recovery.
- Acting for a newly registered Tanzanian entity in connection with a due diligence on employment, incentives and pension matters.
- Advising Massmart Holdings on dealing with employees during the sale of business.
- Assisting Janus Continental Group in connection with general labour compliance audit in its subsidiary in Tanzania.
- Assisting Four Seasons to conduct comprehensive HR compliance Audit.
- Advising Wasco Energy Group of Companies in connection with important clauses to be included in employment contracts for Tanzanian registered companies.
- Advising a confidential client in relation to redundancies, handling of new job descriptions, change of title alternative forms of legal separation with an employee, in Tanzania.
- Acting for different local companies in connection with the transfer and acquisition of land by way of securing official grants of rights of occupancy from the Commissioner of Lands at the Ministry of Lands.
7 / 9