Associate | ALN Tanzania | A&K Tanzania
The Address, Ground Floor, 1 Bains Singh Avenue, Msasani Peninsula, Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania
P. O. Box 79651 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Telephone:+255 22 260 1151/2
+255 (0) 74 281 8389
Bupe is an Associate at A&K Tanzania (formerly ATZ Law Chambers) having joined the firm in 2021. Bupe had previously worked at Dentons EALC East African Law Chambers from the year 2017 to March 2021. Bupe’s areas of focus are corporate law, employment law, contract law, intellectual property, banking and finance and probate matters in which she serves both as legal counsel and advisor. Bupe’s focus has been largely on providing advise to various clients on different compliance matters.
2017: Postgraduate Diploma, Law School Tanzania
2014: L.L.B, University of Iringa (UOI), formerly Tumaini University
Apr 2021 – Date: Associate, A&K Tanzania
Jul 2017 – Mar 2021: Associate, Dentons Ealc East African Law Chambers
Aug 2016 – Jul 2017: Human Resource Officer at Hantim International Company Limited
Mar 2016 – Apr 2016: Intern, C&F Law Office
Jan 2016 – Feb 2016: Intern, Kinondoni District Court
Sept 2013: Intern, BraveHill Attorneys
- Participating in the World Bank’s Global Project in connection with Corporate Debt Restructuring Questionnaire, including undertaking extensive research on domestic legislations and policies regarding Insolvency and Restructuring during the global pandemic.
- Acting for a SFC Finance, the lender, in connection with a loan facility of USD 4 million to a Tanzanian entity, including reviewing relevant security documents to smoothen the recovery process.
- Advising an International mining company in connection with a mining license ownership and the regulatory framework for mining licensees.
- Assisted international companies in connection with merger transactions and obtaining merger clearance for the transaction.
- Assisting a confidential international company in connection with product distribution in Tanzania and due diligence of local assets.
- Advising various local companies on corporate and compliance matters while operating in Tanzania.
- Advising a Ugandan company in connection with financial leasing business of motorcycles including the legal and regulatory environment in Tanzania.
- Assisting in the transactional legal advisor for share acquisition in an international telecommunication company doing business in Tanzania.
- Registering Trademarks for various Companies with the Business Registration and Licencing Agency.
- Representing various International organizations, including Nokia Solutions and Networks Tanzania in connection with employment cases arising from retrenchment.
- Representing various Tanzanian banks in various litigation matters on recovery.
- Working with Anjarwalla & Khanna in connection with a due diligence on employment, incentives and pension for the newly Tanzanian registered entity.
- Acting for different local companies in connection with the transfer and acquisition of land by way of securing official grants of rights of occupancy from the Commissioner of Lands at the Ministry of Lands.
8 / 8