Amos Mutuku is a Principal Associate working with the Commercial Department of Anjarwalla & Khanna, Mombasa. His practice mainly focuses on Property Conveyancing, Banking Securities, Probate and Private client work.
- Law Society of Kenya
2013: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2012: Bachelor of Laws, LL.B, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Jan 2021 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Advocates
Sept 2015 – Dec: 2020: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Advocates
Jan 2015 – Aug 2015: Associate, MMC Africa Law
2014 – 2015: Trainee Lawyer, MMC Africa Law
2012 – 2014: Intern, MMC Africa Law
- Carrying out a legal due diligence for Godrej Group, an Indian conglomerate in its acquisition of Cannon Chemicals Limited a company providing cosmetic products to international corporate companies operating in Kenya and across the African continent.
- Acting for NIC Bank Limited in connection with shipping finance and securities, including review of a ship building and sale contract, drafting the banking securities to include a ship mortgage, assignment of earnings and receivables, assignment of ship insurance policies and subordination of the ship manager’s rights.
- Acting for a client in the sale of property in Mombasa for a sum of USD 2,500,000 including carrying out a due diligence on the acquiring entity and negotiating the agreement for sale and preparing the completion documents.
- Advising and acting for various developers and individuals in real estate and property developments including drafting, review and negotiation of Agreements for Sale, Leases and Transfers and overseeing proper and successful stamping, and registration formalities of the same.
- Advising and acting on behalf of various individuals and companies including incorporating of companies, restructuring of companies, preparing and filing annual returns, allotment and transfer of shares, among other company secretarial services.
- Acting for various lenders generally in relation to the perfection of securities as relates to financing of working capital, asset financing, property acquisitions, collateral management and the subordination of shareholders and/or directors loans.
- Acting for diverse private clients in relation to the negotiation, drafting and execution of private commercial agreements including asset and share purchase agreements.
- Preparing probate documents and relevant documentation for probate proceedings at the High Court of Kenya and rendering advice to clients on probate matters.
- Conducting due diligence for various multinationals as well as research and documentation on how to acquire businesses in Kenya.
- Acting for several landlords of shopping malls and commercial buildings, preparing leases and advising on landlord and tenant laws.
- Acting for a client in conducting a due diligence exercise in respect of the sale by an international petroleum company intending to sell its businesses in several African countries.
2 / 69