Principal Associate | ALN Rwanda | K-Solutions & Partners
KG 501ST, 8, Kabare, Kamatamu, Kacyiru, Gasabo, Kigali City, Rwanda
P. O. Box 4062 Kigali, Rwanda
David is a highly motivated, ambitious Advocate who strives for excellence in his work and enthusiastically encourages and supports others through teamwork to achieve/accomplish common objectives to the best extent possible.
He is a business law practitioner with specialisation in corporate and commercial law practice, contracts, banking law and finance, securities, investment, tax, Intellectual property prosecution and enforcement, employment, and debt recovery.
His experience includes assisting local and international clients, local and multinational companies in merger & acquisition transactions, and corporate and projects financing through syndicated loans or other financing arrangements. He is involved in conducting legal due diligence and legal audit and advising in investment deals, including private equity and other investment vehicles or structures.
He assists with the incorporation of companies, corporate governance and regulatory compliance, and restructuring and insolvency management. He also provides company secretarial services and has been a member of a number of boards of directors.
He advises local and foreign clients (tax residents and non-residents) on tax compliance and advises on labour law compliance and labour/employment dispute resolution.
David assists or represents clients in court proceedings (litigation) and alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including arbitration, conciliation, mediation and negotiation.
- Member of the Rwanda Bar Association
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Member of the East Africa Law Society (EALS) Young Lawyers Organizing Committee
- Member of the Association of Young Arbitrators
- LLM Candidate, Business Law
- LLB, (First Class Honours), Kigali Independent University
- Specialisation Certificate of Merit: Corporate Law and Insolvency Management Practices, ILPD
- Diploma in Legal Practice (DLP), Institute of Legal Practice and Development (ILPD)
- Diploma in International Arbitration, Africa Arbitration Academy
- Certificate in Reading and Interpreting International Trade Agreement, Trade Law Centre (TRALAC)
- Certificate for the Advocates’ Profession/Certificatd’Aptitudeà la Profession d’Avocat (CAPA), Rwanda Bar Association
- Certificate, Police and Law Enforcement for Rwanda, Shandong Police College, P.R. China
- Certificate, General Course on Intellectual Property, Grade A, WIPO Academy
- Certificate, IP Panorama within the framework of the Advanced International Certificate Course (AICC), WIPO, KIPO, KAIST & KIPA
2020 – Date: Principal Associate, K-Solutions & Partners
2020 – 2021: Senior Associate, K-Solutions & Partners
2015 – 2020: Associate, K-Solutions & Partners
Awards & Recognitions
Best Performer, School of Law, Kigali Independent University, 2014
1 / 9