Eric is the Managing Partner at K-Solutions & Partners in Kigali, Rwanda. Eric’s role is to ensure the legality of commercial transactions, advising companies on their legal rights and duties. Eric understands aspects of contract law, securities law, insolvency, business organization and employment law. Eric has over thirteen years of experience with Office of the Registrar General operations and has worked extensively in the field of insolvency administration and liquidation proceedings. Eric has a keen interest in mortgage administration and receivership and has acted as legal advisor to the ORG New Business laws monitoring sub-committee. Eric is the current Honorary Consul for Côte d’Ivoire in Rwanda.
- Non-Executive Director for the Center of AI Policy & Innovation Ltd
- Non-Executive Director for GT Bank (Rwanda) Plc
- Member of the Rwanda Bar Association/RBA
- Member of the East African Law Society/EALS
- Member of the Kigali International Arbitration Centre/KIAC
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee of FERWAFA
- Past President – Rotary Club Kigali Mont – Jali
2018: Private Notary practice License, Ministry of Justice
2017: Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
2017: MBA for Lawyers (in progress)
2015: KIAC – KLRCA Certified Adjudicator
2015: ORG/RDB – Master Class Turnaround Management (with TURNAROUND powerhouse).
2014: CEDR Accredited Mediator
2013: Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrator
2012: Insolvency Administrator Certificate, ORG-RDB
2011: CIArb Certificate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
2010: Accredited Receiver & Mortgage administrator, ORG – RDB
2009: Bar Professional Training Certificate(CAPA), Rwanda Bar Association
2006: Call to the Bar, Kigali Bar Association
2004: Graduate degree in Law, Independent University of Kigali
2019 – Date: Honorary Consul of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire in Rwanda
2007 – Date: Partner, K-Solutions & Partners
2013 – Date: Managing Partner
Awards & Recognition
- Eric is described as ‘attracts recognition from market sources for his activity on “significant business transactions.” He is additionally instructed to advise on securities and employment law, with particularly notable experience of insolvency, receivership and mortgage administration’. – Chambers 2021
- Eric is described as ‘offers substantial experience and expertise in the hospitality, travel and tourism industries. His diverse practice includes work undertaken in employment, contract, insolvency and securities law, and he is viewed by the market as a “conscientious lawyer.”‘ – Chambers 2019
- Eric has a well-established corporate practice incorporating a wide range of legal services, including securities law and capital markets. “He’s very good with people and has a very analytical mind,” say sources – Chambers and Partners 2018
- Eric is ranked as a Band 1 lawyer in Chambers Global, since 2015 to 2017 which recognizes that “He’s very good with people and has a very analytical mind,“
- “He is very assiduous, always listens and gives excellent legal advice.” – Chambers global 2013.
- Eric is ‘”informed, informative and very engaged,” and praised for his strong client focus’ – Chambers global 2012.
- Advising a South African company in connection with the granting of a concession for the operation of project converting gas to power and the setting up of corporate and contractual local structures.
- Advising an American Company in connection with a supply and purchase agreement with a state owned company.
- Drafting the law establishing and organising the Capital Market in Rwanda.
- Drafting the law N° 10/2009 on Mortgages as amended and complemented to date by the Law N°13/2010 of 14/05/2010 together with its instruction N°3/2010/ORG of 16/11/2010 on modalities of lease, sale, public auction and mortgage acquisition.
- Advising the RDB subcommittee in connection with the review and evaluation of the new Company Act of Rwanda.
- Advising the advisory committee of the RPSF in connection with the set up of the Rwanda International Arbitration Center.
- Advising the Rwanda Tourism Authority (ORTPN) in connection with the establishment of the Tourism Law in Rwanda.
- Acting as a member of the legal team advising the client in connection with the licensing reform in Rwanda – FIAS (World Bank).
- Advising a local entity of a listed American company in the fair trade sector in Africa and Latin America in connection with their setting up.
- Advising an international foundation in connection with the creation of Public Private Partnership for the management of a national park.
- Advising a Belgian real estate company in connection with the construction of 234 houses in Rwanda.
- Advising a Canadian investment fund in connection with the acquisition and financing of property assets in Rwanda.
- Advising an American investment corporation in connection with the acquisition of an agri-business company in the Northern Province of Rwanda, including conducting legal due diligence and drafting of the documentation for the acquisition and the financing.
- Advising an European investment bank in connection with conducting a legal due diligence and participating in the negotiations for the acquisition of a local commercial bank.
4 / 7