Esther holds an LLB (Hons) degree from Uganda Christian University, Mukono and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre. She previously worked with Tibeingana and Co. Advocates and the credit and documentation team of DFCU Bank Limited.
She is an Associate with the Firm and works with the Property, Banking and Finance Team. She focuses on Banking, Finance and Property.
- Member, Uganda Law Society
- Member, East Africa Law Society
- Advocate of the High Court Of Uganda
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre (Uganda)
- LLB (Hons), Uganda Christian University, Mukono
2021 – Date: Principal Associate, MMAKS Advocates
2016 – 2021: Associate, MMAKS Advocates
2015: Credit and Documentation Team of DFCU Bank
2014: Legal Assistant, Tibeingana & Co. Advocates
- Involved in a transaction where MMAKS was counsel to the lenders for a syndicated loan of USD 25 million, to finance the construction of a distillery for the production of ethanol and financing short term loans. This transaction included review of a facilities agreement governed by English law, preparation of security documents, rendering a legal opinion on the capacity of the borrower and enforceability of the finance and security documents conducting a due diligence on the borrower.
- Involved in the preparation and registration of securities for local commercial banks.
- Written legal opinions on different legal matters.
14 / 23