Foued Bourabiat is recognised for his expertise in handling M&A, joint ventures and project finance mandates for national and international clients. A commentator noted that “he understands the needs of international clients” and another added that “he has instilled a drive for quality” in his firm. Corporate/Commercial, Algeria, Chambers Global 2020
Foued’s experience includes assisting and advising major investors and credit institutions in respect of investments and financings in Algeria and in the MENA region. He has been involved in complex cross-border financing transactions.
Foued has also secured important M&A mandates in the consumer and healthcare sectors.
2000: Post-graduate degree in English and American Business law, University of Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
2001: LLM, King’s College London
- Avocat à la cour
- International Bar Association
June 2021 – Date: Founding Partner, ADNA, Algeria
Sept 2012 – June: 2021 Founding Partner, Bourabiat Associés
2006 to 2012: Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills
2004 to 2006: Associate, Hogan Lovells
- Acting for Actis, a leading growth markets investor, in connection with the acquisition of a meaningful stake in Medis Group, a prominent branded generic pharmaceuticals business in Algeria and Tunisia, from Africinvest one of the key PanAfrican Mid Cap PE players, and from the founding Boujbel family, on one the few deals involving a major private equity fund and the first deal in Algeria for Actis, including carrying out legal due diligence, negotiating and drafting the corporate documentation regarding all the Algerian legal aspects of the deal.
- Acting for Arab Petroleum Investments Corporation (APICORP), a multilateral development bank, in connection with the completion of an innovative Sharia-compliant financing facility for Oil Recovery Services SAL (ORS Sal) and the first of its kind for APICORP in the Algerian market, including drafting and negotiating the Algerian security package and coordinating transaction advice across Algeria.
- Acting for Ajinomoto, a leading Japanese food and ingredients maker, in connection with the acquisition of a 33.33% stake in Promasidor Holdings, a major processed foods manufacturer that conducts business in 36 countries in Africa, for USD 532 million, the first large acquisition for Ajinomoto in the African market, including carrying out legal due diligence, negotiating and drafting the corporate documentation regarding all the Algerian legal aspects of the deal.
- Acting for two leading Japanese and German automobile manufacturers in connection with the construction of two vehicle assembly plants in Algeria, including structuring the deal, negotiating with the Algerian local partners and authorities and setting-up of the project.
- Acting for Emerging Capital Partners, a private equity fund focusing on emerging markets, in connection with the acquisition of a 33% stake in Atlas Bottling Corporation, the exclusive PepsiCo bottler in Algeria, as part of an USD 80 million investment plan.
Acting for Danone, a major French international consumer goods company, in connection with the acquisition of one of its main competitors on the Algerian dairy product market.
2 / 15