Safia is a leader in her field as a transactional lawyer focusing on both domestic and cross-border M&A deals including sales and joint-ventures, project and banking and finance. Safia’s clients include international institutions, private equity funds and multinational corporations across multiple sectors. Safia also regularly advises international clients with their employment issues as well as providing assistance on clients’ filings with the regulators representing them in relation to their litigation matters.
Safia recently advised on the acquisition of Engie Services Maroc and Cofely Tangier, the largest transaction of the 17 acquisitions of ENGIE Group in Africa operating in the fields of energy efficiency, maintenance, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, green mobility, multi-technical maintenance as well as facility management. This deal was recently shortlisted by Africa Awards 2022 for the M&A Deal of the year.
Safia is a board member of Confédération Générale des Entreprises du Maroc (CGEM – the equivalent of the UK CBI) and has chaired the legal commission for several years.
Safia is also a board member of ALN, chaired by Cheick Modibo Diarra, the former prime minister of Mali.
Safia is fluent in French, English and Arabic. Avocat à la Cour. Member of the Casablanca Bar. Former Member of the Paris Bar
- Avocat à la cour
- Member of the Casablanca Bar
- Former Member of the Paris Bar
2010: MBA (“Grande Ecole” Program) – ESSEC Business School
2008: Master degree in Business Law – University Paris II Panthéon Assas (Paris
2007: Bachelor degree (law) – University Paris II Panthéon Assas (Paris)
Jun 2021 – Date: Founding Partner, ADNA, Morocco
2016 – Jun 2021: BFR & Associés, Managing Partner
2013 – 2016: RMA Capital – FinanceCom Group (Casablanca), General Counsel
2011 – 2013: Gide Loyrette Nouel (Casablanca), Associate
2011: Ashurst LLP (Paris), Associate
2010: Bredin Prat, trainee Lawyer
2010: Debevoise and Plimpton LLP, trainee Lawyer
2009: Credit Agricole CIB (London), Inhouse Legal Counsel
2007: Bredin Prat, trainee Lawyer
- Acting for a Moroccan conglomerate in connection with the structuration and financing of a clinic in Morocco.
- Acting for the Ministry of General Affairs and Governance of Morocco in connection with a study relating to promotion of Women in boardrooms.
- Acting for a foreign consortium in connection with the tender for the acquisition of the assets of the Moroccan refinery – SAMIR.
- Acting for a Moroccan company operating in the financial sector in connection with their joint-venture with a financial institution in Mali.
- Acting for a Moroccan sponsor in connection with the bid process for the acquisition of 99.6% of the share capital of Zurich Insurance Morocco.
- Acting for a listed Taiwanese group operating in electronics industry in connection with their joint-venture with a Moroccan operator.
- Acting for Planchister in connection with the acquisition by Lafarge Platre Maroc of a stake representing 50% of the share capital of Moongypse (joint venture between Planchister and Saint Gobain Platre).
- Acting for SGS Group in connection with their investments in Laagrima.
- Acting for SGS Group in connection with their investments in Laboratoire LCA Maroc.
- Acting for ESL Agence Public and GL Events in connection with their establishment in Morocco for the organization of the COP 22.
- Acting for RMA Watanya in connection with its investment in Akwa Africa, a pan-african company specialized in oil distribution.
- Acting for RMA Watanya group in connection with the acquisition of a minority stake in Cosumar from SNI.
- Acting for Arif fund (managed by Infra Invest) in connection with the acquisition of a minority stake in the capital of Mass Céréales Al Maghreb from Holmarcom.
2 / 13