Moses is a Partner at MMAKS Advocates and Co-head of the firm’s Litigation Team.
His practice focuses mainly on corporate and commercial law, civil litigation, intellectual property and international criminal law.
He is a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England of Wales and Senior Counsel, Uganda. Moses is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb) and serves as Board Chairman Sanlam Uganda. He holds a LLB (Hons) degree from the University of East Anglia and has a Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
Moses is a past president of the Uganda Law Society and has chaired the African Forum of the International Bar Association (IBA). He has served as a Council Member on the IBA Human Rights Institute.
Moses is a certified adjudicator accredited by Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration.
Moses has served as a member of the Public Appeals and Procurement Authority Tribunal (PPDA Tribunal) and as a member of the Transitional Justice Issues Committee of the government of Uganda.
Moses serves as the chairman of the Standard Chartered Provident Fund.
- Senior Counsel, Uganda
- Certified Adjudicator, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIARB)
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda
- Member of Uganda Law Society
- Member of East African Law Society
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre, Uganda
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law, Guildford, Surrey, England
- B, University of East Anglia, England
2005 to Date: Partner, MMAKS Advocates
2001-2005: Partner, Adriko & Karugaba Advocates
1995-2001: Associate,Katera & Kagumire Advocates, Uganda
1994-1995: Trainee Solicitor, Luper Partnership, Camden, England
Awards & Recognitions
- Moses has been appointed a member of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA).
- Moses has been appointed to the List of Counsel of the International Criminal Court at The Hague.
- Moses has been recognised by World Trademark reviewed Lawyer’s directory as one of the top ranked intellectual property specialists in Uganda.
- Acting as an Arbitrator in General Adhoc United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) tribunals in connection with various commercial disputes.
- Acting as Panel Member of the Public Procurement Disposal Assets Appeals Tribunal (PPDAAT) in connection with various complex multi-million-dollar disputes involving Public Procurement disputes and appeals from the Procurement Authority.
- Acting as counsel in construction dispute before The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
3 / 21