Natnael is an Associate at Mesfin Tafesse & Associates (MTA). He started as a junior associate in MTA and has grown to the position of Associate with over two years of experience. He is mainly engaged with banking and finance, securities, NGO, Labor, and general corporate law matters.
He has been involved in various banking and finance transactions, such as reviewing loan agreements and drafting security documents and guarantees. He has also assisted clients with NGO registration, governance, compliance, and reporting.
2020: Bachler of Laws (LLB) from Addis Ababa university, Addis Ababa
March 2021 – Date: Junior Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates
2020 – Date: Member of external relations department in Youthopia club under Uniliver
Jul 2019 – Aug 2019: Legal Councillor at AAU free legal aid centre
Jun 2018 – Jul 2018: Volunteered at the Federal Attorney General corruption directorate and assisted prosecutors.
- Contributed to World Bank Group – Doing Business 2022 – Protecting Minority Investors – Ethiopia Addis Ababa.
- Assisted in the provision of legal advice for Citi Bank on negotiable instruments.
- Assisted in the provision of legal advice for WFC on setting up a CRO.
- Assisted in the provision of advice for a questionnaire on cyber security and data protection from the Ethiopian Laws perspective for Huawei.
- Assisted in the setup and incorporation of FSD Ethiopia and provided various legal memorandums surrounding the Ngo sector and forex regulation.
- Assisted the Dubai Chamber of Commerce in the provision of legal advice regarding Ethiopian forex regulation.
- Advised JETRO in relation to Ethiopian customs laws.
5 / 5