Principal Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 (0) 20 364 0000
Priscilla is a Principal Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the tax team. She focuses on Kenyan and cross-border taxation matters.
Priscilla has vast knowledge and experience in supporting a wide range of clients in providing tax advisory services, conducting tax health checks and due diligence, tax lobby support services as well as tax training. She also has experience in assisting clients with complex Kenya Revenue Authority tax audits as well as dispute resolution with the Kenya Revenue Authority including representing clients at the Tax Appeals Tribunal, the Kenyan Courts and the Alternative Dispute Resolution forums.
Prior to joining ALN Kenya, Priscilla worked in the tax practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited in Kenya for 5 years.
Priscilla is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, a certified public accountant and a certified public secretary. She hods a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Nairobi.
- Law Society of Kenya
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK)
2020: Certified Secretary (CS)
2016: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2014: Bachelor of Laws, LL.B, University of Nairobi
2012: Certified Public Accountant, (CPA-K)
Jan 2021 – Date: Principal Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Advocates, Nairobi
Jul 2019 – Dec 2020: Assistant Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Jul 2016 – Jul 2019: Senior Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Apr 2015 – Jun 2016: Tax Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Sep 2014 – Mar 2015: Audit Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Apr 2014 – Aug 2014: Legal Intern, Sichangi & Company Advocates
Jan 2014 – Mar 2014: Legal Intern, Capital Markets Authority
Apr 2014 – Aug 2014: Legal intern- Sichangi and Company Advocates
Jan 2014 – Mar 2014: Legal intern- Capital Markets Authority
- Acting for Rohto Mentholatum Kenya Limited in connection a customs duties tax dispute on valuation of goods against KRA at the Tax Appeals Tribunal.
- Acting for One Gas Limited, a bulk quantity supply of LPG, in connection with a VAT and customs duties dispute at the tax appeals tribunal. We successfully appealed the taxes imposed.
- Acting for Equity Bank Kenya Limited, a financial services provider headquartered in Nairobi, in connection with a witholding tax and VAT dispute against the KRA at the Tax Appeals Tribunal and the High Court of Kenya.
- Acting for Equity Bank Kenya Limited, a financial services provider headquartered in Nairobi, in connection with an income tax appeal against the KRA at the Tax Appeals Tribunal.
- Acting for Itochu Corporation Kenya Branch, the local subsidiary of Itochu, an international company in the business of product trading and business investment activities, in connection with a dispute at the Tax Appeals Tribunal in relation to KRA audit findings.
- Advising and supporting Alliance One Tobacco Kenya Limited, an agricultural company that delivers value-added products and services, in connection with a tax dispute at the tax appeals tribunal.
- Acting for KOKO Networks, a company that operates within the energy, climate, media and retail sectors, in connection with a KRA audit finding relating to customs tariff classification. We successfully represented the client and the matter was finalised at the Application for Review Stage.
- Acting for Wananchi Kenya Limited, one of the leading providers of home internet services, in connection with a customs tax dispute at the Tax Appeals Tribunal and at the High Court of Kenya.
- Acting for Angelica Medical Supplies Limited, a Nairobi-based medical technologies, medical devices and niche market pharmaceutical products distributor, in connection with a customs dispute on tariff cladsification at the Tax Appeals Tribunal and the High Court of Kenya.
- Acting for Azalea Holdings Limited in connection with an income tax dispute relating to investment allowances at the Tax Appeals Tribunal and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Framework.
- Acting for Baraka Kenya Limited, a Kenyan importer, in connection with a customs dispute on Duty Remission Scheme at the Tax Appeals Tribunal.
- Acting for Finserve Africa Limited, a leading finech company in Kenya that offers financial management and financial accounting services, in connection with an income tax and VAT tax dispute at the Tax Appeals Tribunal and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Forum.
46 / 74