Senior Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 (0) 20 364 0000
Rosemary Maina is a Senior Associate at Anjarwalla & Khanna’s Corporate department. She specialises in general corporate and commercial matters and regularly advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, joint ventures, corporate governance, and competition. She also has experience in oil and gas, energy and natural resource, real estate and conveyancing law.
2020: Master of Laws (LL.M.), Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
2011: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2009: Bachelors of Law (LL.B) Hons., University of Nairobi
Nov 2020 – Date: Senior Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Mar 2017 – Jun 2019: Senior Associate, Bowmans (Coulson Harney LLP)
Sep 2016 – May 2017: International Associate, Debevoise & Plimpton
Jun 2012 – Feb 2017: Associate, Bowmans (Coulson Harney LLP)
Nov 2010 – May 2012: Pupil, Bowmans (Coulson Harney LLP)
- Advising Eaton Towers in connection with the Kenya aspects of the financing by Standard Chartered Bank Kenya on its acquisition of the tower infrastructure of Bharti Airtel in six (6) African countries.
- Advising on the acquisition by AP Moeller – Maersk Oil of half of Africa Oil Corporations’ shares in three blocks in Northern Kenya.
- Advising Bridgestone Corporation in connection with the disposal of minority shareholding in Sameer Africa, listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange to Sameer Investments through an approved Capital Markets Authority off-market transfer.
- Advising MasterCard International in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in a new company into which the existing business, Homesend, a joint venture between BICS SA and Eserv Global SAS, would be transferred into.
- Advising Liquid Telecommunications in connection with the acquisition of the majority shareholding in Altech Kenya Data Networks, Altech Swift Global Kenya Limited, Altech Stream Rwanda, Infocom Uganda and Altech International Mauritius from Altech SA, involving a share swap arrangement with Altech SA acquiring a minority stake in Liquid Telecommunications in exchange.
- Advising Centum and Cassia in connection with the acquisition of a 45% stake in Platcorp Holdings and the injection of additional capital by way debt.
- Advising APM Terminals in connection with its multi-million dollar joint venture to develop a terminal in the port of Mombasa.
- Advising The Nature Conservancy and Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in connection with a partnership involving the acquisition of 28,500 acres of land in Laikipia by a third party, aimed at securing the long-term future of The Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, one of Kenya’s most successful private-sector wildlife conservancy.
- Advising Rural Impulse Fund II S.A. in connection with its loan facilities to the Kenya Women Finance Trust Deposit Taking Microfinance for EUR 2 million.
- Advising a Mauritian client in connection with the establishment of operations in Kenya and subsequent financing of the acquisition of a KES 2 billion commercial office tower in Nairobi.
- Advising a confidential client in connection with the acquisition of a majority shareholding in a local company in the marine industry, including conducting a legal due diligence and drafting transactional documentation.
- Advising on various takeovers, mergers and cross border acquisitions and restructuring.
- Advising various not for profit entities on establishing operations in Kenya and the applicable compliance requirements.
- Advising various business entities on establishing operations in Kenya and the applicable compliance requirements, conducting due diligence and legal reviews, advice and registration of limited liability partnerships, sales, purchases and leases over land, drafting employment contracts, advice on termination of employment and transfers of employees, and Registrations, branch offices including tax and immigration advice.
* Matters predate Anjarwalla & Khanna
49 / 77