Purity Wakonyo is an Associate in Anjarwalla & Khanna’s Private Clients Department. She principally advises on probate and administration and private client work including advising on the creation and management of trusts. She has assisted private businesses and individuals on succession and estate planning matters including setting up onshore and offshore trusts for both liquid and onshore investments.
She also advises on corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions and other regulatory matters.
- Law Society of Kenya
2021: Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
2019: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2018: Bachelors of Law (LL.B), University of Nairobi
May 2020 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Sept 2019 – Apr 2021: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Feb 2019 – Apr 2019: Legal Intern – Hannah Muriithi & Co. Advocates
- Advising on succession laws in disputes over high net worth estates.
- Acting for clients in connection with drafting complex wills covering cross-border assets of high net worth estates.
- Advising and acting on behalf of various individuals and companies including incorporating of companies, restructuring of companies, preparing and filing annual returns, allotment and transfer of shares, among other company secretarial services.
- Advising international clients in connection with their setting up of businesses in Kenya.
- Conducting due diligence and preparing various transaction documents for clients in connection with their private equity investments.
- Advising various clients, including non-governmental organizations and public listed companies in connection with their legal compliance with the law.
57 / 68