Elizabeth is an Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the banking & finance team. She focuses on advising on banking and finance matters.
Elizabeth also advises on capital markets, fintech, aviation and environment, social and governance (ESG).
- Law Society of Kenya
- East African Law Society of Kenya
2021: Admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya and became a member of the Law Society of Kenya
2019: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2017: Bachelors of Law (LL. B), University of Nairobi
2014: Certified Secretary (Part III)
May 2021 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Sept 2019 – Apr 2021: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi
Jul 2018 – Oct 2021: Senior Apprentice, legal department, Equity Bank Kenya
Apr 2014 – Jun 2017: Relationship officer operations, Equity Bank Kenya
- Acting as local counsel for International Finance Corporation in connection with USD 47 Million financing to a Kenyan telecommunications company to be used for supporting capital expenditure and the reimbursement of any capital expenditure incurred and to refinance existing debts.
- Advising a leading temperature-controlled warehouse and logistics service provider in connection with the development financing of approximately USD 19.4 million from a multinational lender for purposes of constructing a cold storage facility warehouse in Kenya.
- Advising a Belgian company funded by the European Union/European Commission in connection with a USD 3 million facility to a company operating in the renewable sector in Kenya and which provides full-service solutions that cover designing, building, financing, and maintaining renewable energy installations.
- Advising a leading temperature-controlled warehouse and logistics service provider in connection with the amendment and restatement of a facility agreement with a multinational lender to provide for the issuance of letters of credit, transition from LIBOR to SOFR and provision of security over assets of the borrower located in South Africa.
- Advising a Mauritian portfolio fund management company in connection with the enforcement of its security in respect of a USD 45.9 million loan, advising on any other recovery avenues for optimum recovery of the loan and advising on any options available for selling the debt on a secondary market to other financial institutions, private banking or competitors.
- Acting as local counsel for Liquid Telecommunications Finance, a UK Finance Company, in connection with a proposed high-yield bond transaction, including the issuance of senior secured notes by a UK finance subsidiary, together with the entry into a pari passu revolving credit facility/term loan and inter-creditor agreement, advising on the enforceability of Kenyan securities, the validity of the choice of law in Kenya, conflict of laws/regulations/statutes in Kenya and any consents, approvals, authorizations and filings.
- Acting for Ecobank Bank, a commercial bank in Kenya in connection with the financing of a medium-term facility of USD 114 million to a local grain manufacturer, a wholly owned Kenyan company that owns and operates a specialized terminal for the handling of bulk grain imports.
- Acting for NCBA Bank Kenya, a commercial bank in Kenya in connection with the financing of a facility of USD 85 million to a sugar manufacturer secured by a debenture and charges created over 114 properties.
- Advising a private equity fund in connection with the distribution of marketing material detailing potential investments to prospective investors.
- Acting for various lenders generally in connection with the perfection of securities as relates to the financing of working capital, property acquisitions, collateral management and the subordination of shareholders and/or director’s loans.
- Advising an American company in connection with the leasing arrangements of 4 aircraft to a Kenyan operator.
- Advising an Irish leasing company in connection with the leasing arrangements in respect of two aircraft to a Canadian lessee and the subleasing of the same to a Kenyan operator.
50 / 74