Victor M. Nkonge
Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi
P O Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 703 032 000, +254 203 640 000
Victor M. Nkonge is an Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the Dispute Resolution department. Victor advises and represents clients on a wide array of civil and commercial matters.
- Law Society of Kenya
- East Africa Law Society
- Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the High Court of Kenya, Commercial & Admiralty Division, Bar – Bench Committee
2016: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2014: Bachelor of Laws. LL. B, Second Class Honors (Upper Division), University of Nairobi
May 2021 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna LLP, Nairobi
May 2018 – May 2021: Associate, MMAN Advocates, Nairobi
Oct 2017 – Apr 2018: Associate, Kiogora Mutai & Company Advocates
Apr 2017 – Sep 2017: Associate, Kilonzo & Aziz Company Advocates
Feb 2017 – Mar 2017: Legal Intern, Deloitte Limited, Nairobi
Jan 2016 – Dec 2016: Trainee Lawyer, Waweru Gatonye & Company Advocates
- Representing a local logistics company which is part of a network of a world leading global logistics company in connection with a dispute with a local freight and forwarding company for passing off and trademark infringement.
- Advising a leading privately owned aviation company based in Kenya and coordinating the resolution of their dispute with a foreign insurance company over payment of an insurance claim worth approximately USD 8 million following a plane crash involving the company’s aircraft in a foreign jurisdiction.
- Advising one of East Africa’s largest vegetable processing companies in connection with liability over a cyber fraud that impacted the company and its business partner in the EU and dealing with two foreign banks based in the UK, through whom the fraud was perpetrated.
- Advising and acting for a leading fresh cut flower production company based in Naivasha, Kenya in connection with an employment dispute involving its former employee in the management cadre.
- Advising a leading confectionary company in connection with a dispute over payment of Value Added Tax (VAT) on the sale of the company’s properties in Nairobi.
Prior to joining A&K:
Successfully represented an international film and production company based in Mauritius in enforcing a judgment obtained in the Supreme Court of Mauritius for the liquidated amount of USD 300,000.00 against a Kenyan film and production company for breach of contract.
- Represented a local company with interests in the aviation sector in a dispute with an insurance company and a local bank over allegations of breach of an Insurance Premium Financing Agreement procured to provide insurance cover over four aircraft belonging to the company.
- Successfully represented Sage South Africa in an application seeking stay of proceedings at the High Court pending referral, hearing, and determination of a dispute with Burn Manufacturing USA LLC over alleged breach of an Agreement for the provision, installation, and implementation of software products worth approximately USD 288,884 through the structured dispute resolution mechanism envisaged under the Agreement.
- Successfully represented the National Council for Law Reporting (Kenya Law) in an employment dispute that led to dismissal of an application filed by its then acting deputy CEO seeking to bar the Council of Kenya Law from recruiting a substantive holder of the position of Deputy CEO.
- Represented a local bank in a dispute involving a challenge to the exercise of the statutory power of sale to recover a debt (charge over properties to secure a debt of over KES 19 million) owed by a company which had filed for liquidation by Court.
- Acted for an international aircraft leasing company based in Greece in connection with the process of de-registration and repossession of an aircraft from a local operator for breach of the agreement for purchase and sale of the aircraft.
- Represented a local construction company in connection with a dispute with sub-contractors over alleged breach of contract for supply and installation of electrical and associated works at the Kenya National Assembly and Senate Building valued in excess of KES 25 million.
- Represented a local food and animal feeds manufacturing company in connection with an arbitration arising from a construction dispute in which there are allegations of breach of contract and claims for compensation of over KES 80 million in unpaid certificates and delay damages.
60 / 68