Associate | ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna
ALN House, Eldama Ravine Close, Off Eldama Ravine Road, Westlands, Nairobi
P. O. Box 200-00606, Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:+254 20 364 0000
+254 0703 032 000
Sikander is an Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the Projects and Infrastructure department. He focuses on legal advice in energy, infrastructure, public private partnerships, project development and finance within Sub-Saharan Africa.
His experience includes providing transaction advisory services to project sponsors who develop both small scale and large-scale infrastructure and energy projects. He also provides corporate structuring advisory in respect of the projects, legal due diligence on infrastructure projects and drafting and negotiating a host of agreements in respect of such infrastructure and energy projects.
He has also assisted clients on regulatory advisory work, procurement advisory, negotiation of concession agreements and offtake agreements and other forms of Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangements, procurement and construction contracts.
Sikander is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from Riara University.
Law Society of Kenya
2022: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2021: LL.B, Bachelor of Laws, Riara University
Sep 2023 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Advocates, Nairobi
Jan 2022 – Sep 2023: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Advocates, Nairobi
Apr 2021 – Dec 2021: Legal Assistant, Tariq Khan & Associates
Aug 2020 – Mar 2021: Legal Assistant, Chaudhri & Associates
Nov 2019- Dec 2019: Holiday Pupil, Kaplan & Stratton Advocates
Jan 2018 – Mar 2018: Legal Intern, Dentons Hamilton Harrison & Matthews
Projects & Infrastructure
- Acting for the sponsors, in connection with the financing of a 35 MW geothermal power generation plant at Olkaria geothermal fields, through QPEA GT Menegai, including assisting in negotiating of financing agreements and security documents with the proposed lenders, drafting and negotiating and co-ordination of satisfaction of the conditions precedent and providing services and advise to the Project Company.
- Acting for Finnfund, Vestas Eastern Africa and KIF, shareholders of the Lake Turkana Wind Power, the largest wind farm project in Africa, in connection with the transfer of their shares into the Climate Finance Partnership, a fund managed by the BlackRock Group, one of the world’s largest public asset managers with over USD 10 trillion in asset, including drafting and negotiating the primary transaction documents (share purchase agreements and disclosure letters for each of the sellers), drafting the pre-emption notices and managing the closing process.
- Acting for the African Legal Support Facility, a provider of legal and technical assistance to African countries in the negotiation of commercial transactions, creditor litigation and other related sovereign transactions, in connection preparing the Infrastructure Public-Private Partnerships Level 3 Course Material.
- Acting for an international investor that intends to set up a geothermal power project and green ammonia fertiliser plant.
- Acting for a private party that intends to set up a 10MW solar plant in the Middle East.
- Advising an international ports operator on proposed port concessions in East Africa.
- Acting for a private party in relation to the development of a distillery and power plant in Tanzania.
- Acting for EH Venture Capital Rwanda in connection with the development of a financial centre in Kigali Rwanda, including advising on the relevant construction contracts and consultancy agreements.
- Acting for Cold Solutions Kenya, a leading temperature-controlled warehouse and logistics service provider, in connection with the construction of a controlled storage facility in Tatu City.
73 / 74