Stephen H. Deche is an Associate at ALN Kenya | Anjarwalla & Khanna and a member of the corporte department in Mombasa. His practice mainly focuses on property conveyancing and banking securities.
Stephen also principally advises on probate and private client work including international probate Laws of Succession.
- Law Society of Kenya
2021: Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
2019: Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law
2018: Bachelors of Law (LL.B), University of Nairobi
Aug 2021 – Date: Associate, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Advocates, Mombasa
Jan 2020 – Jul 2021: Trainee Lawyer, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Mombasa
Sept 2018 – Dec 2018: Intern, Office of the County Attorney, Kilifi County
Apr 2015 – Sept 2015: Legal Researcher/Assistant Mogaka Omwenga & Mabeya Advocates
- Acting for various individuals and developers in real estate and property developments including drafting, review and negotiation of transactional documents and overseeing completion.
- Acting for various lenders in perfection of securities as relates to financing, property acquisitions and collateral management.
- Acting for diverse private clients in connection with negotiation, drafting and execution of private commercial agreements, including assets and share purchase agreements.
- Preparing probate documents and other relevant documentations for probate proceedings at the High Court of Kenya and advising on probate matters.
- Acting for several landlords of shopping malls, go downs and commercial buildings in preparing leases and advising on landlords and tenants laws.
- Advising international clients on international private international law of succession and conflict of succession laws.
- Acting for clients, local and international on drafting wills, including cross-border assets.
- Carrying out property due diligence for different companies in the process of acquiring substantial shareholding in another company.
61 / 77